London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
141 to 160 of 4,155 messages
23/04/2012 at 17:55
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Southampton-still wet -hasn't stopped for 9 hours-please send ark.

Do the chickens have webbed feet yet, Geoff?

Shrinking Violet...I'll be your knight in shining armour and rescue you.

23/04/2012 at 18:40

Aaaaw David  wot a hero!  St. George to the rescue methinks, good knight?  But takest thou great care - such rain as hath not been seen for many merry months may turn thy armour to . . . . rust

23/04/2012 at 18:56

Oh fair maiden, thy rust shall not no quell the ardour this goodnight!

Four gallons of the finest unleaded be fed into me trusty steed. Tarry a while, pretty wench... I'm on my way.

23/04/2012 at 19:02

Oh, sirrah - 'tis many a long day since I was called a wench!  I trust your steed be steady and true!   glug glug glug (it's still raining!)

23/04/2012 at 21:39

Teesside, we got a real sunset tonight, I watched the sun set in the west then the sky turned pink. Alina, whilst you were getting wet I was sitting in the conservatory with my little granddaughter doors wide open and full sun, not that I am rubbing it in mind.
Saint Georges day and people talking about rusty knights, from my memories of Southampton Browndown and Gosport there were plenty of rusty arcs around, we rescued one and it now floats in Hartlepool fully rigged.
Frank.

23/04/2012 at 22:29

Frank, stop showing off!!!!!  Just because I had to chase a duck off my lawn today.....

24/04/2012 at 07:31

East Midlands has a dry, bright start today. We are not forecast to get any rain until this evening. We shall see.

Brenda

24/04/2012 at 08:49

Alina, The sun shines on the righteous as it is doing now at 08:30 as i drink my morning tea.
Teesside after some night showers is now bathed in the golden stuff, a mottled sky with a bit of everything up there including blue sky and I can see clearly (they should write a song about ti) the Cleveland hills. Need some shopping today but can see a nice afternoon in the garden coming up, may need to change that to GH or Garage depending on the task.
Frank.

24/04/2012 at 09:19

hi i live in west cumbria and weather is mild a bit dule out but sun trying to break through

24/04/2012 at 10:03

Southampton in sea-a dry sunny start,showers predicted, more continuous rain for tomorrow.

Oh joy

24/04/2012 at 10:43

April showers, a bit of sun occasionally, but still very 'fresh'!!

24/04/2012 at 11:10

Lovely sunshine here - but cloud bubbling up and showers predicted for later.  But a joy to see the sun after yesterday's washout.

24/04/2012 at 12:39

Sunshine, rain later.

Predicted to be chucking it down tomorrow when I'm due to go to Harlow Carr.....

24/04/2012 at 13:18
Palaisglide wrote (see)

from my memories of Southampton Browndown and Gosport there were plenty of rusty arcs around, we rescued one and it now floats in Hartlepool fully rigged.
Frank.

(hopping excitedly from foot to foot) Ooooh, Palaisglide, you don't mean Trincomalee, do you? If so, I stayed on her twice for residential trips with schoolchildren when she was the frigate Foudroyant parked in Portsmouth harbour. That was back in the day when you could do really adventurous school trips without sinking the ship under ten tons of paperwork (-;

FloBear

24/04/2012 at 13:36

FloBear, spot on and I too remember her as a black painted hulk alongside another one anchored in the harbour. They had what looked like big garden sheds on the main deck but no spars at all.
Now she is a proud ship once more fully rigged and school kids welcomed aboard all part of the museum but she is floating on her own hull which makes her the oldest ship afloat. Also aground when I was stationed down there was a U Boat, it seemed to be just left to rot, did they ever re-float it or was it scrapped.

Frank.

24/04/2012 at 13:46

Has been raining here (Essex) since Sunday afternoon non stop. Just seen the forecast and very heavy rain and gales due tomorrow morning. In fact the only dry spell here is going to be between midnight and 3 am! Shall I go and cut the lawn then d'you think?

24/04/2012 at 13:58

Palaisglide, I'd love to see her in all her glory - the photos I googled look fabulous. When we stayed on board we were told she was the oldest ship afloat. We helped dress her overall for the Queen's Silver Jubilee so that shows how long ago it was! Don't remember a U boat there.

Flo

24/04/2012 at 14:34

South-East Inland: Grey skies, threatening rain on and off.

So, I got out for a couple of hours. The soil is soaking wet but I managed to move a Phlox, plant a Salvia that I rescued from the garden the other day and moved a large clump of ALchemilla Mollis which I purposefully planted alongside my veg beds last year only to read that the plant wilts in full sun  Anyhow, some went under my Aquilegias as experimental succession planting and the rest under my Fatsia Japonica in the top garden.

That large and splendid shrub has been there years, its nestled into a north-facing corner next to the shed and over hangs my patio area. I love the big shiny leaves and the Jurassic-type leaf buds and flowers but I must get round to sorting out something to go in the ugly L shape gap between the Fatsia and a large Acanthus. Perhaps Alchemilla will do the job, I'll see by the summer.

24/04/2012 at 18:46

You people in the south are not going to like this, but I'm delighted to say that we in the West Midlands have had about 9hrs of continuous sun today with NO rain.  ...And here's the bad news - It's looking very black from the south as I type.

24/04/2012 at 18:49

Well-it has been dry all day here as well-any threatening clouds did not deliver-the same will not be said tomorrow.

141 to 160 of 4,155 messages