London (change)
Today 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
09/09/2012 at 11:07

Nr Lincoln.

Good morning everyone, beautiful day here again, sunny and getting very warm.

That beef sounds good to me Frank, just as I like it. No Sunday lunch for us today, had a late "fry up" as we are out to afternoon tea for Mums 99th birthday.. Will catch up with you all the week after next as we are going on holiday tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves in the meantime, don't do anything I wouldn't

ChrisX

09/09/2012 at 12:33
99 Chris fantastic! Enjoy you hols - you probably won't read this though!
09/09/2012 at 16:42

Blue box still says sunny & clear.  Our sky says cloudy with occasional brightness.  Blue box says cloudy tomorrow.  Weatherman on telly says rain.  You pays yer money and you takes yer choice!

Roast beef sounds lovely, Frank.  Lucky us having real butchers to provide real, well-hung beef, rather than the wet, bright red stuff in supermarkets.

Free-range chicken for us this evening with sausagemeat stuffing with herbs and onion.  Ymm - Sunday roast is the easiest meal of the week!

Spent the day in the garden clearing and tidying stuff - including the summerhouse.  How do we acquire so much stuff?  And why are there so many huuuuuuge spiders lurking in every corner?  Oh, well, it's done now and all set for the (whisper) winter!

10/09/2012 at 09:57

The party's over, the weather too it seems, the box says Stockton on Tees "light Rain" well it is light and it is raining, Alfy got wet but enjoys being toweled down. Still warm though.
I watched the games and my attitude changed, I would expect the athletes to hold the door for me and help me on the bus in future? The Brits came good as more than one said on camera.
Yes posh we have one real butcher left who hangs his meat and has his own fowl, the taste is wonderful and I love the long slow cooked belly pork. I am a sage and onion stuffing man although dried sage seems to work better than fresh, easy to dry and the onions need to be cooked, three changes of water as Mother used to do it.

Frank

PS What do we do now it is over?? "Oh yes" strictly coming up.

10/09/2012 at 20:52

It said cloudy here today which translates into 'torrential rain'.

I agree, you can't beat a good butchers, we have one nearby, it's very popular, you often have to queue at weekends, his prices are reasonable too.   

10/09/2012 at 22:18

Cloudy all day - and, yes, it has rained intermittently. 

The Games have held us all mesmerised - but Strictly will doubtless occupy our minds and our time for a while.  I just hope that it doesn't creak along with silly non jokes and fake arguments between the judges.  It was good when it was fresh and new - but rather disappointing last season.  But two of our Olympians are taking part, so we'll see how it pans out. 

It runs until Christmas - and I can't get my head round that one!  I am still hoping for an Indian summer so I can get into the garden a bit more!

11/09/2012 at 09:52

Almost fighting fit but off to the Drs to make sure. Had a fantastic day at Wisley there was a flower show on so ended up buying a few more bulbs and dare i say it christmas presents.I also bought a enviromentally friendly slug pellets. They are made from sheeps wool and so far so goog hostas are already looking better. Have been told we can go back in the sea as the powers that be have said its now safe dont think i will be doing it or eating any fish caught off the coast. Another sunny day and not quite so hot so working in the garden is easier. Think rain is expected this evening so no watering .

11/09/2012 at 10:15

Glad you are feeling better Maud.
Slug pellets made of wool? what do they do wear them?
Our fish trade died a long time ago, we can get some on Redcar Beach if there when the few boats come in.
The box says Partly cloudy in Stockton today, apart from the rain this morning we do have the odd patch of blue up there, yesterdays light rain turned into a storm so we see what the day brings.

Frank.

11/09/2012 at 18:48

Hi all. Back from sunny, mostly, Austria. It was getting rather unseasonally hot as we left. We did awake one morning after rain in the village overnight to see the surrounding mountain tops covered with the first snow of the season. That day it was a cold walk around the lake- before breakfast as usual! Then you dont feel too guilty eating sooooo much!

Manchester started wet this morning, but has brightened & dried up this afternoon allowing some more of the 2 weeks washing to flap on the line. Couple of sharp showers just now & colder nights expected. J.

11/09/2012 at 19:03

hi all.. today was warm sunny and windy.. a slight chill.. still waiting on that rain,.. thought we would get osme last night to fill butts up.. but it missed us again.. lawn is near on all brown now.. and hosed hte garden again this evening as plants starting to suffer thirst.. i cant believe i am praying for some wet stuff.. tommorrow is meant to be cloudy but no rain.. until possible weekend if i am lucky.. it is geting silly again now.

My Mum in East Cowes, other side of island.. got loads rain last night.. it is not fair.

11/09/2012 at 19:24

Sunshine and showers here in north Cumbria, with persistent rain last night, so plenty of soggy soil. It's been really quite chilly out today, think we may just light the fire tonight.

12/09/2012 at 10:32

Little box at the side of the page
How is it you get me in such a rage
Cloud you say when skies are blue
A good job we do not rely on you

Today Stockton has light rain
Sorry you got it wrong again
Outside you see all is bright
Lit by a golden sunny light

I look at you and it makes me smile
Your forecast out by a country mile
Maybe you should listen to local folk
Then your forecast would not seem a joke.

Frank

12/09/2012 at 11:27

You're a man of many talents, Frank. I must admit the forcasts here are right most of the time and being surrounded by sea it must be more difficult to get it right. Our forcast today says rain by 12.00 and it is just starting now so a little bit early.

12/09/2012 at 14:47

Today is rain interspersed with heavy downpours in east Lancs! No chance of any gardening today so will have to iron  yuck!!

12/09/2012 at 15:06

Pottiepam, we have just had a monsoon and yet the box still says light rain, the sun is back out again now so it is wrong on all aspects.
If you look at a map of our bit of coast Teesside is shaped like a cup and we can have three weather systems all at once in the river delta. We are three miles from the river uphill towards Durham and get fair weather, "our Rain" is ten miles South under the Cleveland hills and can get some atrocious weather, I can leave home in sunshine run into Town alongside the river and it is pouring down.
We are shaped by the North Sea weather which has a mind of its own, even the locals say "not to worry it will change in a minute" we dress for the worst you can take layers off when needed.

Frank

12/09/2012 at 16:16

I take back what I said about our forcast. It rained for a couple of minutes but has been beautiful since. I remember from geography lessons at school that the clouds rise over the hills and that causes the rain. Can you get a digger and move the hills, Frank?

12/09/2012 at 16:17

More pills from the Dr but the old tum is feeling a lot better thankyou. My hostas have little woolly coats around them and are already looking better. No rain yet but it is definately cooler as my feet are cold. Time to get the socks out i think. Swimming at the hydro pool tomorrow and off to Brighton on friday. My daughter starts at uni on 24th and the equipment list is a mile long. Luckily the college is local so no accomodation to be found. Roll on the debt!!!!!!!!!

12/09/2012 at 17:27

Cannot move the Hills Pam our poster "Rain" would have to change her name to Dry.
They are ten miles away across the valley and usually in full view, one of Teessides treasures.
It is Zoomer and Penninepetal sending the rain over the Dales to us although a lot of it drops on them first. I have been where there is no rain and much prefer this green and pleasant land rain and all.

Frank.

12/09/2012 at 18:24

still no rain.. promised it last night and not a drop.. gettin desperate now.. used te hose again today.. after told rain this afternoon... and all we had was sun and wind.

12/09/2012 at 18:56

Well it's rained almost all day here in WManchester. Finally dried off about teatime, too late to be really useful.

Have actually closed up the greenhouse & big coldframe this evening as a colder night expected. Backing onto open ground means that we are usually colder than you would think. Have put the houseplants that are outside into the coldframes to dry off,prior to bringing them back into the porch. J.