London (change)
Today 11°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 9°C
21/09/2012 at 13:35

Pam life is what you make of it, you can sit and watch it pass you or climb aboard and ride the wild ride, I was lucky in that Joan was exactly the same, get off the tourist route and explore, that is what makes life interesting.
Morning in Tospots, a call down into the village for a fresh chicken, sort Pam's mail and put the heating on, now eating my bully beef sandwich with Alfy licking his lips, he will get the last bite though the mustard may throw him.
Sunshine all the way now some dark patches of cloud but also blue sky, the box still says heavy rain.

Frank.

21/09/2012 at 15:12

Quite a nice day here albeit on the chilly side, sun trying it's hardest to get through the clouds but won't hold my breath,  when I took the dog out last thing last night there was a poor little Hedgehog in the gutter that had been run over so this morning I went out armed with shovel and brush and a couple of carriers and removed it not nice for me but even worse for the school children that had to pass it on the way to school,  poor little thing it looked like a youngster as well.

21/09/2012 at 23:45

It turned out nice this side Rain we had a blue sky this afternoon but it did look a bit bunched up over you.
I saw Hedgehog droppings on the side lawn today so mine must be back, we see quite a few killed on the back road.
Had two hours of Tom Jones on Beeb 9 after GW and not a pair of undies in sight.

Frank.

22/09/2012 at 10:29

Stockton sunny and clear so I looked at the box with trepidation and found "Sunny and Clear" am now having a cup of tea to recover.
I suppose even they must get it right now and then, they are probably belting round the office with fizzy Champagne bottles screaming BINGO.

Frank.

22/09/2012 at 10:33
Sunny but with a chilly northerly blowing here in South Devon. Off into the garden to tidy up, gales and lashing rain forecast for tomorrow.
22/09/2012 at 14:37

Tenby S/Wales sunny dry touch of wind but thats probably the beer last nite, allottment has 10 ton of manure just tipped onto ready for next week, and the plumer,s just fitteed an outside tap at the house, always wanted one, no more buckets in and out sloshing everywhere Kate will love that while she,s cleaning the car,bless her, cheers all

22/09/2012 at 16:06

Nr Lincoln.

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day here today, warm and sunny after a cool start, not such a  good forecast for tomorrow, then it's downhill for Monday

Enjoy the rest of your day.

ChrisX.

22/09/2012 at 18:49

It's been a cracking day here wall to wall sunshine all day and in fact it still is albeit the night clouds are rolling in,  when I took  the dog out this morning I was rather nervous as there was frost about so I put my walking boots on just in case but didnt need to worry as it was dry underfoot but only 3.3c so definitely rather cold for me at least,  has been 13c for most of the day but cooling off quite quickly now at 10.5c,  supposed to be nice again tomorrow as well do hope so the I can get the front grass cut which will probably be the last one for the year.

22/09/2012 at 20:03

Bright and sunny here in the NW. The box got it right,that's two days on the trot, think I need to lie down. Here's to hoping it's the right forecast for tomorrow as the plan is to plant out bulbs

It's forecast frost tonight so the Christmas spuds have been brought into the GH and covered in fleece, I'm taking no chances, this will be the 3rd year trying. They may have late blight though or some of the shoots broke and died when I tied them up to stop the leaves drooping. Me thinks if they still have healthy growth by mid October I'm in with a chance of freshly dug spuds in December, wish me luck

Rain. Took me a long time to get my confidence back after I broke a bone in my leg, even now come the icy weather, I'll be clearing paths and the front of snow  daily. Hope the weather stays fine for you to cut the front grass.

22/09/2012 at 20:23
Lovely day in the Chilterns, blue skies with dozens of Red
Kites circling around looking for their suppers! Up the allotment this evening getting tomorrows dinner together - broccoli,cabbage,Swiss chard,parsnip,carrots,runner beans and Desiree potatoes. Will go nicely with the beef joint waiting patiently in the fridge. Tomorrow hopefully, weather willing, back up the allotment to pick raspberries for pudding - they are fat and juicy and loads of them, probably thanks to the wet weather we had at the beginning of summer. Whilst I love Summer,
Autumn has attractions of its own, not least the harvesting of all the fruit and veg we've spent so many months working for. Hope tomorrows weather is good for everybody.
22/09/2012 at 20:38
Zoomer44 wrote (see)

Bright and sunny here in the NW. The box got it right,that's two days on the trot, think I need to lie down. Here's to hoping it's the right forecast for tomorrow as the plan is to plant out bulbs

It's forecast frost tonight so the Christmas spuds have been brought into the GH and covered in fleece, I'm taking no chances, this will be the 3rd year trying. They may have late blight though or some of the shoots broke and died when I tied them up to stop the leaves drooping. Me thinks if they still have healthy growth by mid October I'm in with a chance of freshly dug spuds in December, wish me luck

Rain. Took me a long time to get my confidence back after I broke a bone in my leg, even now come the icy weather, I'll be clearing paths and the front of snow  daily. Hope the weather stays fine for you to cut the front grass.

Hi Zoomer,  I know what you mean about the lack of confidence I do tend now to take each step with extreme care I'm just so frightened of falling over again I know it was an accident but it stays with you,  I must try to get over it otherwise I shall end up stuck in the house when the ice comes,  snow I should be OK as I have those grippers that go on the bottom of the boots/shoes they served me well the last 2 winters when we had all the snow.

It's dropped down to 7.5c now so going to be a chilly night,  guess the thermal PJ's will be out before long,  just makes the winter seem to go on for ever when the cold starts this early.

22/09/2012 at 20:46

What  a beautiful day!  It's just how we all remember (or hope!) that autumn will be - blue skies, clear sunshine and the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

Oh, well - that's probably it!  Forecast for rain, and judging by the watery sun late afternoon, they're probably right. 

23/09/2012 at 00:43

It definitely turned out nice again more so because my two youngest grandchildren came and livened the place up.
One was on my laptop the other on the desk computer, I told her if she spent too much time on it her fingers would get shorter until only stubs were left. With the look only a seven year old can give you she said "granddad, when I asked how you learned to play the piano you told me it was hours of practice when you were my age and your fingers are long"??? How do you beat the logic of a seven year old.

Frank.

23/09/2012 at 09:12

Stockton partly cloud, I look out the sun blinding me and yes there is partly cloud, little people in the box take a sweety out of the jar.
Chicken today, it will take two hours so an easy time until it comes to sorting the veg out, it is cool in the garden but I am in short sleeves and it is getting warmer.
"Oh Heck" forgot Pam is back better do a big clean up before she comes in the morning.

Frank.

23/09/2012 at 09:15
Tipping it down in Devon.
23/09/2012 at 11:54
...and in the Chilterns - first decent rain for a month or two. At least the allotment will benefit, even if I start moaning later today!
23/09/2012 at 12:11

In Sussex we also have first proper rain for ages. Still got Gardeners world from Friday to watch

23/09/2012 at 12:27

Pouring down in West Somerset.  The hills are hidden by low cloud, and the dampness makes everything feel cold and clammy.  And the weather box says it will be the same tomorrow and Tuesday. 

23/09/2012 at 12:40

Nr Lincoln.

Hi everyone.

Cold and getting more overcast, but as yet no rain today. Easterly wind according to the weather vane, straight from the continent over the North Sea, so not good.

Roast Lamb with all the bits and bobs for evening meal tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,

Frank, it's supposed to be a day of rest

ChrisX

23/09/2012 at 14:06

Essex - it's tipping it down - empty water butts now full! Had to turn the lighs on to read it's so dark outside - winter is on the way...I might even check the central heating's working