10/10/2012 at 15:19

I managed to get caught up in a cobweb and was amazed at how strong it was, beautiful pictures. Sunny here today but think we will have rain again tomorrow, always rains on days i go swimming. A while after getting caught in cobweb i could feel something tickling round my neck this went on for half an hour i then found the spider, gave me the creeps. Managed to catch it and its now safely back outside

10/10/2012 at 16:38

Nr Lincoln.

Afternoon everyone.

It's been a lovely day here, although to box said Dark Clouds, we haven't seen any.

I quite like this time of year. It was very still, no wind, and fairly warm as we went through the Wolds to the garden centre. OH now has new hoses for the garden pond pump, and has reconnected them,so all's well again..

I don't mind spiders, and the webs that they spin are just incredible and you get to see their beautiful patterns when the dew is on them. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

10/10/2012 at 18:30

I get lots of webs near the GH and oddly enough attached to the washing line, often wondered how they get there, spiders must abseil of the roof Great pictures.

Dark cloud here today, but, the rain stayed away which was a bonus. 

10/10/2012 at 18:58
Glorious sunny day in the Chilterns - lovely sunset just fading away. Spent the last few hours up the allotment, hoeing between swedes and winter greens, and generally tidying up. Picked some chard, broccoli and carrots to go with my potatoes and peas ( stored in the garage), all of which will go well with my steak pie in the oven! Perfect day - has set me up nicely for my trip down to Cornwall on Friday. Always nice to return to my birthplace. P.s - watch out for the jumping spiders!
11/10/2012 at 07:44
Absolutely lashing it down here in S.Devon. A day in the greenhouse, I think!
11/10/2012 at 07:56

Nr Lincoln.

Cool dry morning with grey cloud, but hopeful of some sun when the day gets going.

ChrisX

11/10/2012 at 09:47

Rather cloudy at the moment no wind so not to bad,  it's 9.3c and climbing but the sky does look rather naughty,  there is heavy rain forecast latter in the day then supposed to get nice again tomorrow,  we shall see what happens,  it has been very nice these last 5 days I wonder if that was our Indian Summer !

11/10/2012 at 15:24

Alternating between heavy showers & torrential here in NWest- Manchester & NCheshire today.

Ended up at local GC- 'C' decorations/displays in full swing already.   Bought some healthy looking 'just gone past their best' violas & cyclamen. A tray of at least 6-8 plants each at a very reduced price! Hibernating now. J.

11/10/2012 at 17:14

What a horrible week so far - and I haven't been able to get on to the MB - or rather, when I did, everything froze and even the PM I sent didn't go anywhere!

It has been grey all week - fog at tree-top level, rain, fog, more rain, and today it is chucking it down.  To ad to my woes (sorry if I dump it all here) OH was in hospital - fortunately, a minor op and out after a couple of days.  But it's a 2hour+ round trip to Taunton (the downside of rural living, I suppose) an driving each day through vile weather was no fun at all.  Yesterday, when I thought it was a bit less grey, I drove "over the top road" ie Exmoor.  Bad judgement call - thick, thick fog aka low cloud. 

It's depressing - but I shall batten down the hatches today.  OH is home, and it's warmer and drier indoors, that's for sure!

(Rant over.) 

11/10/2012 at 20:17

Hasn't stopped raining all day today either.

Glad you all liked the cobweb pics.  Maud - a spider hanging on for half an hour would freak me out! I often come in from the garden and take my top off, turn it inside out, give it a good shake before putting it back on to make sure nothing is lurking inside.  I dont mind looking at spiders or catching them in the house and putting them outside but down my jumper ....

S Violet - Hope the week ends better for you - relaxing in front of the fire seems the best thing - maybe some tea and cake too. (my laptop has been misbehaving on this site too)

11/10/2012 at 22:18

Thanks Caroline - tea and cake = perfect comfort recipe.  I'm glad,in a way, that it's not just my laptop that has misbehaved - sometimes this MB seems to get a bit slow and/or twizzled up!

The rain has finally eased up.  If you saw on the news the pictures of the river that was Clovelly main street, then think of us a few miles further up the coast!  I may have moaned about our weather - but it could have been so very much worse!

12/10/2012 at 09:55
A lovely day yesterday in Lincolnshire. Worked all day in the garden tidying beds and putting down a thick layer of bark (obtained from all the dead wood that we had cut back and put through a shredder) Couldn't believe how warm and sunny the day was, quite a change from today which is overcast and miserable at the moment, maybe it's our turn to have some bad weather.
12/10/2012 at 10:02

Good morning all from near sunny Lincoln

Lovely morning after a wet night. Everything is sopping this morning, so very little will get done in the garden.

Have a good day what ever you get up to.

ChrisX

12/10/2012 at 13:15

today is gorgeous.. blue skies white fully clouds and sunshine.. got two loads of washing out.. yeserday heavy rain all day and wednesday was like today..  hope it stays dry as want to cut the grass this weekend it is now 4 ins long with all teh rain and sun keep getting..

12/10/2012 at 18:32

Rather damp first thing, but a strong wind got up & it did brighten up. Several showers though so abandoned having the washing out.

Did manage to plant loads of bulbs in various borders & even some species crocus in my 'wild' bit of lawn. They are covered with pegged down mesh because of the squirrels!

Only the tulip pots to do next month now. J.

12/10/2012 at 20:18

At last - a nice sunny day., only 2 showers and nothing like the forecast of BBC this morning!   Swept up piles of leaves to start off a new leaf pile and then bravely struggled with some congested crocosmias.  Came in and made a Victoria Sandwich as a reward to myself

13/10/2012 at 14:25

I have come in to warm up with a cuppa, it is warm in the sun out back but the front is east facing the breeze is straight off the North Sea. Stockton clear and sunny on the box, true, they got it right.
Blue sky all round although one or two puff balls of white like an Indian smoke message, it looks bright over you Rain and the Hills clear.
Big shock yesterday. pootling along the back lane to my Daughters in brilliant sunshine I spotted a small flood warning, knowing the road I took notice and as I reached the top of the dip saw a lake, the water was pouring off flooded fields onto the road like a waterfall and then pouring off into a housing estate lower than the road. Where did that come from I wondered as I engaged crawler gear and made a slow way through and also through three more pools. Daughter told me it had poured down without stop all night? first I knew of it having gone to bed early because of a power cut. That will become a regular thing if the Government do not stop all the silly wind farm lark and build proper power stations, it is OK us being green it is our kids who will be in the dark.

Frank

13/10/2012 at 15:19

Hey there

Glorious morning completely ruined by 3 very heavy hail storms. Grasswas white. Now just the heavy watery stuff.

No more outside today

13/10/2012 at 15:34

it started off raining but by 10am it has turned out sunny and blue skies.. but has a cold wind to it.. been in greenhouse potting up some seedlings..

13/10/2012 at 16:08

Hello everyone.

Nr Lincoln.

Been a glorious day here so far after a very cool start, very misty and murky over the fields. Hasn't reached above 11c , nothing done in the garden today, but OH might manage to get grass cut, if it's dry enough.

Never mind at least it's been dry.

ChrisX