London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
18/10/2012 at 13:56

Had a dry morning here but just had a heavy shower but managed to get a few jobs done. 

Frank - is that what they call "money laundering"?

18/10/2012 at 14:16

Caroline, I expect the money police any time now.
hence the disguise "err" I did post the correct one I hope.

frank.

18/10/2012 at 17:07

We've just had a really heavy rain shower!

Have managed to bubblewrap the pots that stay outside & some that have returned to the coldframe. It seems early to be doing it, but havent had any frost here yet & just didnt want to tempt fate.

Definitle a cold as keep eating none stop- starve a fever, no chance!

Frank I've found notes in the back of OH's jeans before now- all washed & usually being ironed too! J.

18/10/2012 at 17:57

Hi everyone.

Nr Lincoln.

Been a lovely Autumn day, warm sunshine. temp this afternoon 16.5c on the car thermometer. Don't know how accurate those things are but it felt nice and warm. A day without rain, marvellous. The trees are begining to look wonderful.

ChrisX

18/10/2012 at 18:27

This site hasn't let me post things for the last few days. Thank you Frank for your advise about pelargoniums and zoomer44 for your nice comments.

18/10/2012 at 21:12

The day started off with blue skies and no wind, driving in the car with the heater on, if it wasn't for the sun being so low at 8am, you would almost have thought it was a summers day. It didn't last into the afternoon though before we had rain.   

18/10/2012 at 22:55

Bev, I often have the best of three falls with this site.
I find the best way is to go to sign in and do it again, it will not recognise your pass word but just keep banging it back in and suddenly it sees the light.
When I complained to the staff it took four days to get an answer.
kicking the laptop does not work and banging your head against the wall damages the decor keep at it is the watch word.

Frank.

19/10/2012 at 10:13

Stockton sunny and clear, quick look out of window!!!
Cannot see anything for the sea mist.

Frank.

19/10/2012 at 15:24

Manchester dry, no breeze, some sun. Quite pleasant.

Now really have daughter's stinking cold & have pulled back muscle whilst sneezing! So am hibernating. J.

19/10/2012 at 15:28

Wet and miserable here, I'm hoping that Indian summer arrives as I've got a lot of raspberries on order coming soon.

Bev, I had the same problem today, it seemed to fix itself by signing out and back in though.

19/10/2012 at 17:14

Mild n wet all day in Essex. Really dark at just past 5....glad I don't have to go out! Still got bulbs to go in - hope  we get a dry day as the soil will be easy to work to get the bulbs in.

19/10/2012 at 18:12

Cloudy and dry here, a day without rain

First time I've been out to the GH this week, there were more ripe toms to pick, most of my sweet pea have germinated, and some seeds which I hadn't labelled have all germinated, they might be cornflowers.

Jo-hope you feeling better soon, quite alot of people at work have been going down with colds. 

19/10/2012 at 22:34

Nr Lincoln.

In a word. GLOOMY- been a dull murky day. Lets hope tomorrow is brighter.

ChrisX

20/10/2012 at 09:19

We've got sun, of a sort, this morning in WManchester.

Am coughing well, ouch for back, but have swallowed painkillers, have tissues handy & shall flop around watching the birds on feeders, or the TV perhaps.... J.

20/10/2012 at 09:23

Nr Lincoln.

Good morning everyone.

Sorry you're not well Jo, it makes you feel miserable when you have a bad cold

Back to the weather... Still a bit murky, but the sun is trying to make an appearance.

A light breeze so it should blow the mist away.

Have a good day.

Chris.

20/10/2012 at 09:26

Jo, Saturday morning TV is worse than having a cold, just watch the birds much better for the brain.
Stockton clear and sunny, true little box, you got it right there's a bright golden haze over Rains Hills and it is lighting the room up "O eck as like" it is also showing the bits on the carpet and the daughter is coming up, out with the hoover then fast.

Frank.

20/10/2012 at 09:55

Up late here as been watching the Hills. Sunny above then a white bright fog covers them , they then slowly re appear out of the mists and then along comes the white ethereal fog and covers them again. Looks like it's going to be a lovely day. Sun above the hill fog

20/10/2012 at 21:00

Once again I've had the problem of being unable to post for a few days.  Fingers crossed that the powers that be are able to sort out these irritating gremlins (not the Hollywood ones!  There would be millions of them by now, given the amount of water falling out of the sky recently )

Lovely day today - perfect autumn weather - clear blue skies, sunshine and fabulous views across the channel to Wales.  I hardly dare whisper it - but the weather buffs reckon we could have more of this next week.  Yes please - we've been starved of decent spells of sunshine for far too long!

20/10/2012 at 21:04

Thought I saw you again today Violet  -  a beautiful day here in Swansea and fingers crossed for more of the same. 

20/10/2012 at 21:10
Best sunset this evening for ages! The sky was absolutely on fire, and the few clouds enhanced the effect - just brilliant. Hope my sister in The West Country had the same - the sunset over the Moor must have been outstanding. Hope you all had something similar.