London (change)
Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
20/10/2012 at 21:32

We had a lovely sunset over Exmoor - which presages good weather tomorrow.  Yes, Caroline, I was up there waving like mad, and the air was so clear that we could pick out individual buildings.  btw I've never been to Swansea, but have been to Laugharne (sp)  a few times, which is beautiful.  Dylan Thomas' house was amazing, and the countryside all around is lovely.  Hope to re-visit before too long. 

21/10/2012 at 10:14

Coo land damp and foggy. Making tomato ketchup. Not a day for being out and about.

21/10/2012 at 10:23

Stockton is sunny and warm, clear sky on all sides.
The pork is in the oven and the lovely aroma tickling my nose as I have a quick cuppa so back to work, bedding can go from washer to line, apple sauce to make and veg to prepare, an easy day then.

Frank.

21/10/2012 at 12:49

Hi everyone.

Lovely morning here in Lincolnshire, after a very misty start.

Going out for lunch today, a real treat for me not having to cook.

ChrisX

21/10/2012 at 13:22

Miserable, wet and cold again. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's weather though as according to the box at the side of the page it's a series of small sideways dots and lines.

Should be interesting. 

21/10/2012 at 16:43

Sunny day here in WManchester.

Did actually sit out with a cuppa & book earlier- rare this wet year. Still feeling out of sorts with the remains of this cold & hadnt planned a garden day. Found myself mentally making notes about what to do & when etc next Spring.

Lots of bees buzzing around the fuschias behind me, lovely. J.

21/10/2012 at 18:07

Another lovely warm and sunny day here in Swansea.  Planted some violas and the last pack of bulbs.  

21/10/2012 at 22:04

Warm and sunny here in the NW. 

Hadn't planned to do much in the garden but it was nice to sit outside reading  and I couldn't resist taking some shrub cuttings, not sure if they'll root.

I was hoping to collect seeds from what's left of the runner/french beans this year but the plants are painstakingly taking along time to die and some of the pods don't feel like they have beans in. Took some of the leaves off the plant to help the process along. 

22/10/2012 at 10:09

Stockton light showers!!! I hope it is right as the clouds are almost touching the ground, if that lot opens up we will need an Ark. We would of course load it as is our custom, men and whippets first women and children last.

Frank.

22/10/2012 at 10:37

dark, damp, foggy, trying to rain as well.

Day for staying in warm and snug but need to cold weather proof some parts of garden.

22/10/2012 at 11:15

Was surprisingly warm first thing this morning- about 10C- & dry initially. Drizzle now & as still not feeling 100% being 'busy', well sort of, inside today.

Oh I did remove all the flowers off the streptocarpus plants in porch this morning & noticed white fly! So gave them a spray with organic insect stuff. May help..... J.

22/10/2012 at 22:29

Its been bitter cold here my side of The Styx and according to Countryfile weather forecast there's a cold front coming down from the Arctic on Wednesday/Thursday wait for it,  Hail Sleet and Snow,  now I know that they do get a lot of these forcast's wrong so I'm just hoping that they get that one wrong,  can't be doing with Snow this early in the year,  after Christmas will do nicely thank you,  fall on one day and gone the next.

23/10/2012 at 10:16

Still grey and dreary here in Worthing and showers are expected. What fun. Need to buy new wellies have seen some bright flowery ones. If i have to wear them they might as well be as daft as can be.

23/10/2012 at 10:31

Stockton, fifty shades of grey, the box says fog with an "X" which probably means too dark for a picture, "how do you take a picture of fog I ask"?
Rain the weather will be coming by express from Siberia at the weekend, all us folk with one foot in the North Sea will get it in the neck and other places, enough to freeze the toe nails off a brass monkey. Don't tell the people in Hartlepool.

Frank.

23/10/2012 at 10:33

Poor monkeys. Didnt know they had brass ........

23/10/2012 at 10:43

Nr Lincoln.

Good morning all.

The box is just white today with Fog written in it, but in fact there is no fog here, just dull with no breeze, so it looks as if it will be like this all day. Pretty miserable really.

Have a good day.

Chris.

23/10/2012 at 11:04

Maud, was the word you were looking for "testimonials"?

23/10/2012 at 11:07

Frank---

Chris

23/10/2012 at 12:37

Box for here says Mist. I think the dots and dashes are expletives!!

What we have here is in fog, wet, damp, miserable. Rain gauge this morning showed 1mm rain. more precipitation, than actual rain just a lingering fog.

we haven't seen the hills apart from a couple of hours on Sunday. 

Do you think they have moved?????

23/10/2012 at 12:40

Wall to wall fog,   it was like that when I took the dog out last thing last night and now there's a light sea fret with it so every thing is soaking wet but it really does show up the cobwebs just shows how clever those little things are,  can frighten the strongest of folk yet make something so beautiful.