23/10/2012 at 13:14

Hello Rain, I took advantage and spread the winter weed and feed on both lawns, that is it now until March for the lawns one less job.
I saw many spider webs in the woods, the ones in the long grass always seemed to shine in the suns rays. It does remind us that everything in nature needs something to live on from single cell molds to the Vixen who lived in the wood and would be seen lying on a grassy bank and not phased by us walkers, she kept the wood pigeons in check.
It is brightening here but looking across at you Rain there is nothing but a dark smudge, no view of the hills today then.

Frank.

23/10/2012 at 14:34

It was warm overnight here- the heating didnt come on this morning as above the set temperature!

It's trying to be bright & breezy now in WManchester. Have put the washed sheets out, they wont dry but maybe enough to just put on airer later?

Back garden sensor says 16C ! Must be some sun on it after all, whilst front says 12C. Did reopen the coldframe this morning, but shall close up again later.

I know the weather is going to change- my L elbow is aching. A good indicator of weather change since it was fractured in'98. J.

23/10/2012 at 15:56

Still fog here Frank, I cant see this moving at all today still quite cool with iot as well 10.8c in the garden even the birds aren't about not that I blame them.

Jo  I know how you feel about your elbow,  my ankle is giving me some jip when I go out and I find now that I can't get my ankle long boots on as it swells through the course of the day so all I have are my pretend Ugg boots or my wellies can get shoes on OK but of no comfort now it's getting cold and wet maybe  shall hibernate till the spring comes.

23/10/2012 at 18:21

The second day of fog here too, the little weather box on the right says tomorrow will be a horizontal line under a big cloud, wonder what that mystery could be? Rain with very strong winds perhaps...

24/10/2012 at 10:24

Fog agin though the little box says its 'dark clouds'. as ever, damp and unpleasant out there

24/10/2012 at 12:29

Nr Lincoln.

A  horrible wet day here, dark sky, not nice at all, although it isn't cold. Best to stay indoors.

Chris.

24/10/2012 at 13:27

Got up feeling good, a lovely shower all with the lights on it was early, a cup of tea tastes like nectar first thing then I opened the curtains. "Oh dear" dark dull drear dour mist sea fret, what a come down and I had to go out.
Stockton dark cloud it says they should say very dark cloud mixed with mist and down to pavement level, I am sure a Passenger plane just flew down the road?
Went to the local butcher for some decent meat, they are up for a nation wide award as the best local butcher. Then to Tospots for the rest and some Dollars for Granddaughter in California.
Have to go out to post some cards then it will be in and closed down before I suffer shrinkage in all this wet.

Frank.

24/10/2012 at 14:14

Was really grey and dreary this morning but now the sun is out. Temperature is going down but it wont be so damp so the arthritis should be better. Well i live in hope

24/10/2012 at 14:27

It's not bad here today. Quite bright & slight breeze.

Have walked up to local shops to buy what I forgot yesterday & am now going out to sweep up some leaves. Know where the fleece is for tomorrow onwards.

The Christmas cake is cooling in the tin on a rack- whooppee- now only daughter's birthday cake to do later- whoops she's awake! J.

24/10/2012 at 18:47

A misty start but after than quite a nice day - all the leaves on the pavement are really crispy!  Swept up a bag full yesterday and it didn't look any different by this afternoon.  Bet there was a beautiful smell in your kitchen today Jo.

24/10/2012 at 21:23

It's been dank, damp, dark and miserable all week.  Monday - the top of Exmoor disappeared in fog, and the combe was full of the wet blanketing stuff.  Tuesday the mist was low cloud at tree-top height.  Today was a repeat of Monday.  It may be mild, but it's depressing, without the merest hint of a ray of sunshine.  Doom and gloom all around.  It may turn cold at the weekend, but if it brightens up, I'll be happy.

24/10/2012 at 21:42

My favorite weather is a  frosty Autumn morning with plenty of sunshine, might not be great for the garden but it's fantastic to go for a long walk in, don't you think?

Davie-S 

24/10/2012 at 21:57

Frosty autumn morning with sunshine is wonderful.  When son was little, he loved to go "runch" - which was his way of saying "crunch" as we jumped into piles of crisp leaves.  Not much chance at the moment, though - all rather soggy

And it is good weather for the garden in many respects - it helps to kill of some of the nasties, and also helps to break up heavy soil.  So - extra reasons to be cheerful when it happens!

25/10/2012 at 10:30

Still no view of the hills. Had a fleeting glimpse of the lower half of them yesterday afternoon, but comletelt dissalleared again and still not there. Damp, dank, etc

I to love crisp autumn mornings when it's not too cold, the sun is bright and, old as I am, I can crunch the leaves under my feet. Perhaps Saturday huuh!!! 

25/10/2012 at 10:40

bjay- Malvern Hills perhaps, or Clee or Clent?

Anyway, here in WManchester we had a definite shower late last evening, but not too soggy out there today. A breeze, no sun, but at least it's not raining!

Waiting on daughter's birthday cake finishing cooking, then off outside to wrap/ store anything not already done. J.

25/10/2012 at 11:05

Nr Lincoln.

Definately brighter here today and dry. and mild.

OH getting the last bit of hedge trimmed to add to the pile of cutting nearly swamping the bungalow. Good job it's nearly 5th November, them we can have a big bonfire without hopefully annoying anyone.

Chris.

25/10/2012 at 11:06

Sorry - Malvern Hills.  Usually have amazing views of them, ever changing picture, BUT not this week. Beginning to wonder if they are there!!

25/10/2012 at 11:10

That explains it. Lucky you. Have friends who have an amazing view from their house across towards that part of Worcs.

Grew up by Clent hills so if we could see the Malverns from down the lane it was going to rain & if not it was raining!

Hurry up washer want to get out! J.

25/10/2012 at 11:27

Stockton on the Tees cloudy, actually it is quite bright with the sun trying to get through and just this minute managed.
Washer going but it will not be going out so into the drying room.
Most jobs in the garden done for now, some old plants have gone and I will start filling gaps once the weather has vented its spite, with a bit of luck we may get a nice spring and summer next year.
"Oh" look I can see the Cleveland Hills, cannot see any snow on them yet so "Rains" ugg boots will not be getting tested.

Frank.

25/10/2012 at 12:05

Low cloud continues to hug the hills, but at least there's a bit of a breeze, so with any luck, it will gradually get blown away.  Looking forward to the crisp cold they're promising for the weekend.  We have visitors, so perhaps we'll drop into Hestercombe Gardens or similar to enjoy the colours of autumn which are looking spectacular at the moment (when the cloud lifts a bit, that is).