Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What's the weather like in your area?

Dismal & wet here in the Midlands and I'm afraid it's set to be no better for the rest of the week. image

Ah well! It's very much needed. image

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

Grey and wet here, too in North Yorks - and supposed to stay like that for the forseeable future.

Oh, well - it's keeping my daffs going longer.

• Good morning, Alina.....according to my old granddad (he was a head gardener) the weather will be no better until the daffs have finished - just a thought.

That's bad news, David - I have some varieties that aren't over until May!

• LoreaLorea Posts: 81

Very cold and wet here in the Basque Country - has been since the beginning of April, and looks set to continue. A backlog of seedlings is accumulating, waiting to be planted out!

• joanybirdjoanybird Posts: 17

Grey and wet in Leeds image

• Gold1locksGold1locks Posts: 498

Same here in Lincolnshire. We need it badly, so I can't grumble.  Just hope there are some spells of dry weather to get out in the garden and cut the lawn.  

Perhaps fortunately, the lawn can't be cut here because of the crocus leaves...

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Teesside is dark and dour today, it is trying with some success to rain. The sky is brighter towards the coast three miles away as the crow flies but then we get most of our weather off the North Sea. This is because Teesside is like a large bowl with rising ground North South and West. Our poster "Rain" lives under the Cleveland hills ten miles across the valley and her weather is totally different to ours North of the Tees.

Frank.

• Chilly, windy and wet on the south devon coast, cant get out into the garden so have been pottering in the greenhouse, have had no success with sweet pepper seeds at all, any advice out there?

• jo4eyesjo4eyes Posts: 2,058

Wet again, but brightening up a bit now & the wind a lot less- Manchester. Still only about 7C outside though. J.