Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Where is everybody from...

Thought I would start to a new thread on just finding out where everybody is from.

I'm from Mytchett in Surrey. A nice little village that feels like it's on the edge of the world (due to the numerous towns all attached to each-other on one side, and woodland and heathland on the other side). Interesting micro-climate too image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

Huntertony, if people put it on their profiles then all you need do is click on their names and you can see where they are from. Anyone from Tower Hamlets lives abroad, but if those people write a bit about themselves, as I have, then you can see where they are too.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • south wales and raining cats and dogs so much for a weekend of fertilizing our soil image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

It was lovely to read about your garden Verdun, and I enjoyed the photos you sent before. It was beautiful.

I'm trying to grow an English country garden in Dordogne, but the winters are cold and the summers are very hot. Sometimes there is a lot of rain and other times there's a drought, so it's not always easy! It all needs watering in summer and then there are water restrictions!

I grow perennials, with annuals in the gaps and in pots, with a background of roses and shrubs. Had a lot of bother with deer eating everything a couple of years ago and OH fenced the main flower garden. I grow veg too, OH had to fence that as well. It's about 23m x 10m, but some is fallow as it's too big for two of us now.

My house and garden are in a clearing in a forest.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

It would be nice if people added more to their profiles-it is a permanant record after all-and had a nice avatar picture instead of pasty face-have said this before..........................image

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Geoff likes avatarsimage
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

I change my avatar evry month - hope it makes me more interestingimage

On my profile are details about my garden and where I live.I think that's enough. image