London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
281 to 300 of 322 messages
28/05/2014 at 21:10

Sweet Pea, I'm even more alone - in Dordogne, France.

28/05/2014 at 22:25
artjak wrote (see)

Brilliant to see the map, it may help shift all these plants to The Somerset levels. The problem is, the big gap through the centre of England; Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Swindon, where there are NO members apparently.

If anyone travels to Northampton from the Bristol area, could they PM me please?

Ahem artjak...I'm not a million miles from Northampton,just about 18 miles east of it 

28/05/2014 at 22:43
BL I forgot you're all the way over there. Do you have family in Britain? Or are you French. Sorry if you think it impertinent of me, just curious as to why you're over there, but so familiar with GW. I probably wrongly assume you don't have it over there. How is the weather?
28/05/2014 at 22:52

SweetPea, I hope your allotments are well out of the flood zone, I used to visit the Worcester area a lot, fishing the Teme and Severn, very  scary rivers when they are in flood!

Lovely rolling countryside and the only place in the UK I have seen an otter in the wild, a brilliant experience.

28/05/2014 at 22:54

First husband wanted to live in France so we moved here from Kent in 1985 with 4 small children. He died in '98, I stayed here as children were all at school and University here.

In Kent I had a big garden, opened it to the public for leukaemia research because my friend's daughter died, was on the point of opening it for the National Gardens Scheme, but we moved to France. Have a big garden here which I made from a farmyard and a bit of a field. Second OH buys me the subscription for GW to be sent here.

Weather at the moment is rubbish! Keeps raining. Garden not ready for the charity garden party I'm doing in June.

28/05/2014 at 23:05

We have otters here in the River Nene scroggin. Otters have been a big success story in recent years 

29/05/2014 at 00:08

I can't get myself on the map. I'm in Wakefield. Can someone put me on please.

29/05/2014 at 13:31

Added myself. Up in Leeds and in Liverpool - I split my time between the two - surprisingly sparse in both though I thought! maybe thats because i'm still mainly living in the centre of cities... not too much gardening to be had... Nice little project though! Thanks for starting it up!  

29/05/2014 at 15:27

There's a nice garden (mostly veg) developing in Bootle but I'm only there twice a week so it's not fully under my control.... 

I can 't see how to add one of those little blue baloons though

29/05/2014 at 16:13

..Pauline 7...hi there....I've just added you to Wakefield....hope that's alright...

29/05/2014 at 16:16

Steve... you need to have a Google account..sign in to that.. then click on 'edit' and then you'll see the blue balloon appear on top of the map [in the middle of two other options]... double click on that and move it to where you want...then type your name in the pop up box that appears...then save...

...bit of a palaver...

29/05/2014 at 17:57

I can't keep track of all my accounts as it it!  If somone's adding people I need a balloon between Merton Road and Merton Grove in Bootle (N Liverpool) (where I work) and one at Ince Benet near Ince Blundell north of Liverpool where i have my allotment.  Or maybe it's not worth the hassle

Sorry.  Tired after a day helping her indoors lay a new floor.  I should complain! - she's now cooking my dniner for me. 

04/06/2014 at 13:20

Looks like you've been added steve, was going to do it but I see two little "Steve 309" Balloons. Nice to see a few more popping up on the map!

04/06/2014 at 15:43

Bumping this up for SweetPea and Caral.

04/06/2014 at 15:44

beat me to it Fairy! Just trawled through to page 5 looking for it again :P

04/06/2014 at 16:49

Thanks Fairygirl. Have added myself.

Fascinating looking at the Sat Map, I could see our garden with our new tent in! We had it up for a few days as a test run before our Summer Hols last year.   

04/06/2014 at 16:55
Caral wrote (see)

Thanks Fairygirl. Have added myself.

Fascinating looking at the Sat Map, I could see our garden with our new tent in! We had it up for a few days as a test run before our Summer Hols last year.   

Lovely to see someone closer to home! Just looked at myself on the map, smack bang in the middle with no green space about me, then I look at Hollie in the middle of nowhere.

04/06/2014 at 17:07

Thanks for adding me, Lorena (whoever you are!).   Both balloons are within a dandelion fruit's range of where I garden.  Interesting to see where everyone is.  A few nearby

04/06/2014 at 20:50

^no problem...

04/06/2014 at 21:46

Wow!  Just had my first really good look at the map.. looks like we have one member in Finland, one in the Faeroe Islands and two in the Irish Sea, just off the Isle of Man.  Water gardening I suppose?!

281 to 300 of 322 messages