London (change)
Today 7°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
121 to 140 of 322 messages
14/05/2013 at 07:50

Thanks for putting me on blackest- I'm in a better bit than I really am- should be a mile or so farther east but that's ok!

Tina you're not that far from where my Dad was born-Shepherd's Bush. It's really good seeing where everyone is  I thought Andy was Edinburgh but he's only half an hour away by car! 

Might have to visit- his wife bakes....

14/05/2013 at 08:14

Cucamelon, yes I'll get you on. What's your nearest town?

14/05/2013 at 09:40

I seem to live nearer the local pub , thanks nut, that will do nicely

14/05/2013 at 09:45

FG, l think, like a lot of people, that you never investigate places close to where you live.  Perhaps I should do a tour before it's too late!! Know of SB, but have no idea which way to turn when I get outside the front door!

Lorraine, what I like about this Google lark, is being able to pinpoint the street, house, etc, in a particular street.  Old boss, who I fell out with, moved and I checked where he had gone to and, oh, how the mighty had fallen.  Had obviously fallen on hard times.  Aahh.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. One of the nouveau riche.

14/05/2013 at 09:55

I'd posted a pic of Hautefort Chateau, which is 25 mins away, but I didn't say what it was and Blackest put my bubble there, so well done for identification! I've moved my bubble a bit west of there.

14/05/2013 at 10:17

Maybe we could add a few places of interest to the map. Garden Centre's and Nursery's The Eden Project Shows and gardens to visit.

Blarney Castle for example is more than just a stone at the top of a big old tower, the grounds are fantastic. They have a poison garden, it did have cannabis growing in it at one point but the garda made them remove it.   

14/05/2013 at 10:33

Lorraine P, I agree with you about maps. I love reading and always look up the area mentioned in the novel, with google street view I can even 'see' the type of housing the characters live in.

blackest, the best G/C in my area is Moat Road Nursery, but I can't put it on the map; it is just North West of my balloon. I am quite pleased to be living in a field, not far from loads of swans; they are brilliant neighbours

14/05/2013 at 10:58

Hi Nut, thanks for response, Barnstaple nearest town, you're a star!

14/05/2013 at 12:13

can someone put me on the map please .north manchester .thanks

14/05/2013 at 12:35
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Lorraine, what I like about this Google lark, is being able to pinpoint the street, house, etc, in a particular street.  Old boss, who I fell out with, moved and I checked where he had gone to and, oh, how the mighty had fallen.  Had obviously fallen on hard times.  Aahh.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. One of the nouveau riche.

TT - What goes around, comes around - as they say.  

14/05/2013 at 14:04

You're on Cucamelon.

archiepem, I'll put you on if no one else has

14/05/2013 at 14:06

You're there archiepem

14/05/2013 at 14:48

Nut -you are good!

I had a look at my old house in Uplawmoor/Caldwell on the map and it's amazing how tatty it looks! Photo was taken before we bought it I hasten to add...

You can see all the weeds....

14/05/2013 at 16:02

Hi all Gardengirl.. on there now me in Hampshire - but did think I moved Welsh Ange by mistake not sure where she was meant to be the computer was jumping all over the place to a while to get me any where near the right place

14/05/2013 at 16:07

It took a bit of doing, but I'm in!

14/05/2013 at 16:07

It does do some odd things Gg, I've got used to it now though. Every time I turn on Pottie Pam is hovering somewhere, she must be touring the country.

14/05/2013 at 16:10

Maybe she is sight seeing she is there when I go on the map or stretching her legs

14/05/2013 at 16:19

I found that too Nut!  That girl does get around. 

I want to know who 'Steephill' is. Someone having a joke perhaps because they are in the middle of, what looks like, a big field.  No doubt someone will put me straight.

14/05/2013 at 16:24

Could someone please add me?nearest town Taunton Somerset.

14/05/2013 at 17:25

Sorry if I seem to be wandering about. When I checked I was where I was supposed to be just up the road from Verdum near Perranporth but I had disappeared the other day. Perhaps I'd been abducted by aliens. I did have some weird dreams about little grey men and woke up with two strange marks on my neck.

121 to 140 of 322 messages