Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

wot to do now

Hi all ,this was a rescue plant when we moved here,I think its a Yucca of some kind and was in the rubbish bit, I replanted the larger one and the two smaller ones came,now its looking healthier and is a fairly strong grower i think the pot might be too small for three, So wot to do, wait till summer and split or do it now , or leave for a year or so i don't know ?  

excuse yellow leaf its one of my figs just come in from the cold ready for winter,Cheersimage miserable cold rain erein Muns Nor  Norfolk image

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,813

Im no expert  but if you can identify it at the local GC or online then I suspect all my Learned Chums will be able to steer you in the right direction

Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I wouldn't interfere with it now whatever it is.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

cheers everybody many thanks

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Astelia of some kind? Just a thought. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Do Yuccas grow off a trunk?, it doesnt look like mine.

Could it be some sort of Bromeliad?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Alan, did you post this for an ID some time ago?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

Hi ,Yes Verdun the leaves are not tough but are sharp and the pic colour is a fair one, so it seems leave till April,  leave together into a big pot ,i like the big pot idea,that will do nicely,potting into big pot wot soil u think, JI no 3 ?? full sun  Cheers many thanks for all that. Bit dull erein Muns