Start a new thread

61 to 80 of 93 replies

Miss Becks

Cool!! Are you bringing cake?

Miss Becks

Oh David! My heart just melted!! Victoria Sponge is definately a fave of mine! Yum!

Miss Becks

Erm, did you buy the raspberry plants from Wyevale?

Miss Becks

Ha ha ha. Well, it is about this time of night that my brain goes onto standby.

Thanks Maud. Bikes can be converted, but it is very costly, hence why I want to make sure it will make the difference to getting me up the hills before I consider it!

It sounds like it does make quite a difference then.

We visited Wyevale at Louth last Saturday and bought 2 packets of seed. 1 broad beans and 1 radishes, both reduced to half price. As I had a rewards voucher for 50p!! I got both packets for 40p. Now that's what I call a bargain. Will be back this weekend for more when we have sorted through the seed box to see what we need. I won the princely sum of £2.80 on the Euro lottery, so taking into account the stake, I will have the remaining 80p to spend on seeds you have to get your bargains where you can!!!!

@DavidK--- like the look of those cakes, a man of many talents

David K. I think it was definitely a case of the green-eyed monster  Those ladies had probably had it all their own way for so long they could not cope with losing. If they can't stand to lose then they should not enter the competition, there is always someone out there who can do better. In this case YOU.

I see from your cake posting that you grow raspberries and make jam. I have a couple of nice recipes for raspberries if you or anyone else is interested. Easy Bakewell cake and Raspberry Vinegar, a recipe that has been made by my family for over 100 years,( not me personally I hasten to add!) something a bit different

Carry on baking.

Have had visitors all week so was unable to get to the laptop to do any chatting. The reason my bike is calles Alan. An uncle of mine died and left me some money and his name was Alan. I know im daft but im quite happy in my little world. Bought my mum one of those Name a Rose kits for mothers day this year, we named the rose after my mums dog that died last year. Nothing happened with the first lot of seeds but they kindly sent another packet and so far 2 have germinated. Never knew you could grow roses from seed but then you know how daft i am.

Miss Becks

David? What on earth possesed you to put beetroot in a cake?

Miss Becks

No, I suppose it isn't is it. Just sounds unusual! And probably tastes great.

Looks lovely i love anything with chocolate in even with beetroot. Hoping my courgettes will get a move on as i have a whole book of courgette recipes.