Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Aldi garden stuff

In the sticks near Peterborough

• I was in there just this afternoon and took a look at their gardening stuff. Very poor quality and I guess most of it wouldn't last a full season.

However, I suppose if you don't have much spare cash, there may be some items that may be useful.

Me old dad used say 'buy cheap, buy twice'.

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Thanks nut for that . image
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

So tempted to cheat and buy some aubergine and pepper plants. The one's I've sown are so slow and every so tiny. 

• o dear david k wat happened to green ffingers???

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Zoomer go for it .
  • I bought some cutting and seed compost from aldi and it is lovely dark smooth stuff and was so do much cheaper than the John innes stuff a d to be honest I can't tell the difference. Just because I didn't want catching out I mixed it with the John innes and added vermiculite and its poised ready to go!!
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Can feel a spending free coming on...  

• look out for their fruit tree offerings £3.95 each for pear,apple ,plum and cherry all very good well grafted stock forget about the posh names just look at the quality and the prices nobody forces you to buy.