London (change)
Today 13°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 2°C
5 messages
11/03/2014 at 09:00

I'm trying to decide which model to go for. I'm between the Spirit Petrol Rear Roller Push (617) and the Harrier 41 Rear Roller Push.

Has anyone got either or can point me in the right direction? I can't really see the huge benefit of the Harrier for the extra £200?

11/03/2014 at 09:43

How big is your lawn? Is it smooth and flat?

11/03/2014 at 09:48

Front and back are approx 40ft x 20ft each,  maybe a bit smaller. It's pretty flat but not perfect enough for a cylinder unfortunately, hence the rotary

11/03/2014 at 15:36

I'm no expert but I think the Harrier is more solidly built with metal replacing the some of the plastic that's on the Spirit.

For what it's worth I own a Spirit rear roller (push) and whilst it's a great mower in terms of the quality of the machine and the quality of the cut it IS quite a heavy machine - especially when the grass box gets close to being full - so you should either look at it as an efficient alternative to the gym or consider splashing out for a powered mower! 

My wife won't mow the lawn with it because it's too heavy (at least that's her excuse and she's sticking to it!!)

12/03/2014 at 08:08

These aren't big lawns. I'm inclined to say nip down to B and Q (other big sheds are available) and buy a £60 electric mower - light as a feather - and then when it breaks, buy another. I wouldn't go beyond the push model Hayter or perhaps the Honda Izy equivalent at similar price.

email image
5 messages