Yes. That point is relevant but as the clay is used to clean water contaminated by toxic material like industrial waste. The product has to go somewhere in the end. There are several different types of Bentonite Clay and the FSA has found online bought products contaminated with lead and arsenic. so avoid the following.
"The FSA is advising people not to purchase or consume the following products:
- Bentonite Clay, sold by buywholefoodsonline.co.uk
- Bentonite Clay, sold by nealsyardremedies.com
- Calcium Bentonite Clay, sold by natures-harvest.co.uk
- French Green Montmorillonite Clay sold by naturalrussia.com
- Premium Calcium Montmorillonite Clay, sold by synergy-health.co.uk
- Edible Earth digestive detoxicant and ionic mineral supplement, sold by detoxpeople.eu and wholesalehealthltd.co.uk
This is not a definitive list of products or retailers. There may well be other brands, online and shop retailers selling similar products."
If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is!