Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

Hello

Last year we had laid black slabs and the landscaper used a sealant on them. Unfortunately this made them look very shiny and black but also lethal once it became wet. They now look very unsightly as I have tried unsuccessfully to pressure wash off the sealant.... Does anyone have an idea of a good solution to take off the sealant that is safe for the garden???

nutcutlet

Do you know what the sealant is Annie, is it just a shiny coat or is it coloured?

Hi Nutculet, its shiny unfortunately dont know its name

Many thanks Blackest looks like I will have to gradually let it wear off as its indian black slate just hoped there was something out there I could paint on and then wash off that is garden friendly its such a large area that has been done

Advertisement

To make it a bit less lethal, and speed up the process, have you tried putting sand down over the most used bits?  At least you'll have some grip when it's wet.

Fairygirl

I know this might sound obvious Annie but have you asked the contractor what they used or if they can remove it? It seems a strange thing to do if it means they're treacherous to walk on. Maybe they thought you just wanted to sit and look at them from afar! 

Hi it was the first time the landscaper had used the sealant apparently and unfortunately his company no more!! Fine sand seems a good idea and it may wear down the sealant