Start a new thread

21 to 40 of 52 replies

Kitty 2

So kind of you to think of me B3 .......   

But I already have a piggy shaped mono-slipper to keep my tootsies warm 

'snot a fancy electric one though 

B3

Do you hop to the loo?

B3

Last edited: 09 October 2017 16:18:53

Advertisement

josusa47

We prefer microwaveable slippers.  My husband was asking for some in a shop, and the saleslady recoiled in horror at the idea of putting something you'd had your feet in, into something you use for food.  Never gave it a thought.

Obelixx

What's wrong with socks, thicker as it gets colder, or leg warmers or even a rug when you're curled up on the sofa?  

Kitty 2
B3 says:
I bet you haven't got any of these

See original post

Unfortunately not.  They look fun .  

We're more spikes than springs here.  Get a load of these beauties...

Nowt wrong with thick socks and a fuzzy blanket Obelixx . That's me every evening.  I draw the line at legwarmers though.... remind me of the TV show Fame .  I'd feel obliged to do jazz hands when wearing them 👐 .

Obelixx

I have leg warmers from when I've had to be out in -15C and worse and ski socks weren't enough to keep the blood warm down my legs.  Very handy when I had a foot op in January and had bare toes in an orthopedic boot.   Not for public consumption but very comforting so I've kept them, just in case.

B3

Those shoes might give you a grip on steep, slippery steps - or kill you.

Rotovator.

Bought many years ago and still in the box. I think I thought I was becoming a farmer or something.

Iamweedy

I have a thick black plastic trowel that came with a gardening magazine.  (It might just have been a Gardeners World freebie) but what was basically  a thick wedge of plastic really would not dig into anything.

It is probably still lying somewhere on the floor of  my "Wendy house".

Iamweedy says:

I have a thick black plastic trowel that came with a gardening magazine.  (It might just have been a Gardeners World freebie) but what was basically  a thick wedge of plastic really would not dig into anything.

It is probably still lying somewhere on the floor of  my "Wendy house".

See original post

If it's the one I am thinking of then after  despising it for years, I found the end of the handle unscrews to reveal a calibrated dibber! Both bits are useful in the greenhouse only, as a scoop and dibber.

My useless item was a hand held bulb planter that I am not strong enough to push into the ground (or my clay soil is too heavy) and it does not release the plug of soil afterwards either.

josusa47
Obelixx says:

What's wrong with socks, thicker as it gets colder, or leg warmers or even a rug when you're curled up on the sofa?  

See original post

Nothing wrong with any of those, to keep your feet warm if they're warm already.  But they don't supply heat to cold feet, which microwave slippers do.  Like a hot water bottle.

Busy-Lizzie

Kitty said "Strap-on lawn aerator sandals .  Managed about three steps before getting stuck fast." Same here, also went in the bin.
I bought one of these, a manual garden tiller. Couldn't turn it in my clay with limestone lumps and it did such a small bit at a time. Gave it to a friend. She liked it, but she had light soil.

Advertisement

josusa47

I bought one of those, in summer, couldn't even get it into the ground, never mind turn it.  Luckily I'd only paid £5 in a charity shop, so I took it straight back. They've probably sold it five times by now.

B3

That sound like the bottle of Dubonnet at a 70s/80s BYOB party.

I reckon there were only about half a dozen in existence and they were brought from party to party - never opened and passed on by those too broke or too mean to buy a bottle of Blue Nun, Black Tower, Mateus Rose or even a Party Seven.

Last edited: 17 October 2017 13:10:25

Obelixx

Josusa - you wear the socks and leg warmers to stop your feet getting cold in the first place.  Good thermal or ski socks are great and work in power cuts and in the garden..

Busy - you could have "planted" that thing upside down and hung bird feeders or lanterns on it.

Last edited: 17 October 2017 13:59:09

B3

I can't abide tea of any kind. All of them taste like what they are - dead leaves.

I'd eat the teapot any day