Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 52 replies

B3

This is mine:

The blade  is blunt  and is at the wrong  angle  to serve any useful  purpose.

Why do I keep it? I've no idea.

PS  if the university types  read this  thread,  they might save themselves the trouble of posting a survey. 

josusa47

A pair of grass shears designed for one handed use, with blades that swivel so you can cut flat or sideways.  They were Ok as long as you didn't expect to cut more than three blades of grass at once, and didn't mind stopping work every three minutes to tighten the screws that held it all together.

Hazel --

What is that B3? A cock eyed trowel? Drill maker? It's a funny one that's for sure!

Josua, we have one of those shears too, OH uses it as I can't get away with it, it's so hard to cut and too much of a bother for me

Joshua.  I have got some of those sheers.  I think they are brilliant.  I bought the first pair cheap in the SM  and liked them so much I bought a more expensive well known make from the garden centre.  I wouldn't be without them. 

Each to their own. 

B3

It's supposed to be a short handled hoe. I'd be better off sawing a bit of the handle off a Dutch hoe.

Advertisement

B3

I use an old pair of dressmaking scissors to trim the edges of the grass when I'm doing hands and knees weeding and a proper edge trimmer when I'm upright.

One of those 'sow seeds one at a time' thingies.

Reasonable to smallish seeds I can space by myself. 

I thought it would be good for tiny ones but I can't see if it has worked or not!!

So I just mix them with silver sand and prick them out when they are big enough.

Fiskars extending loppers.  

When you extend the loppers and 'lock' them as soon as you exert any pressure towards the blade the extension just slides back in.  What a rubbish brand.

Obelixx

Ha!  I bought a pair of those this spring and the catch that holds the extension just slips and/or breaks.  Took them back for a replacement, no bother from the shop, but hey-ho, same again.  Sent a complaint to Fiskar's and NO ANSWER!   Shame on you Fiskar.

However, they do cut really well when I can use them.

My useless tool is actually a Wolf head.  I love this range but was bought the automatic seed distributor wheel thingy and have never used it. 

B3

I bought some of those in lidl. The same the problem, but cheaper. Also, they're too heavy to wield. Loppers and somesteps does the job.

pansyface

A PARASOL FOR THE GARDEN TABLE.

IT GOT USED ONCE THIS YEAR AND ONCE LAST YEAR.

THE SPIDERS WERE VERY GRUMBLESOME ON BOTH OCCASIONS.

MAYBE I SHOULD MOVE TO SOMEWHERE THAT HAS A SUMMER. 

Obelixx

B3 - I have loppers but they're anvil and I wanted parrot.

Pansy - Our parasol was brought out for visitors in May but OH put it up when there was a strong breeze and, one gust later, bent pole.   We moved our table under a tree.   

B3

That would've sat nicely on your shoulder anyway obelixx

B3

Pansy, you could've sheltered under it in the rain and washed your pots

A dibber. Just a bit of something from a charity stall thought it would come in handy when planting. Trouble is I end up using a pencil as blow if I can find it! Lol.

Advertisement

B3

Why are gardening tools made of camouflage colours? How @@@@@@ stupid is that? A high viz, dayglo, orange dibber would do the job just as well - but unfortunately for the manufacturer, it would last for ever.

One of my best towels has gone awol. I know it's lurking in the undergrowth somewhere and it will only appear when I've bought another one

josusa47

My tools all have a brightly coloured piece of baler twine tied to the handle so they're easier to find.  Except when I put some other random object on top of them.

Trouble is I end up using a pencil as blow if I can find it! Lol.

------------------------------------

This made me laugh!  The amount of time I've wasted looking for trowels.  I have about 6 of them too, WHERE ARE THEY!?!

I have an old washing up bowl that I put all my hand tools in when I am using them.  I take each one out to use it and then return it to the bowl. As I move round the garden the bowl moves with me. A bit OCD but I don't lose any tools. 

Kitty 2

Useless crapola, which seemed such a good idea at the time?....

Strap-on lawn aerator sandals .  Managed about three steps before getting stuck fast. 

Sorry I have no photos of the offending item to show, they were binned not long after purchase .