Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Degree Research

Hi there guys image My name is Max, and I am studying product design at University. I am in my final year and am currently mid way through my research phase.

I am looking at improving and re designing garden power tools such as the chainsaw, hedge trimmer, leaf blower etc and am looking at several possible routes i can head towards.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YMPBRPY 

i would really appreciate it if you would take just 1 minute of your time and fill in my survey please? the link is above.

regards. Max

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Doneimage

• Done image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it image Another quick question, what tasks do you often find difficult in the garden, trimming/pruning big thick branches perhaps? using a heavy hedge trimmer? the more answers the better?

thanks again.

Max

• The thing I find most difficult is keeping tree roots from invading my veg patch Grrrrrrr!

The thing is I love having the trees as well. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Rosie31Rosie31 Posts: 483

Digging in our very stoney ground.

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

done and all of them when I ache from head to foot

• Plant itPlant it Posts: 155

Max I have an allotment and make my own compost what I could do with is a hand type shredder no electric on the plot and miles away from me house.Got a small generator though.It needs to be reasonably light cos I'm getting on a bit.Regards Brian

• Done.

Constructive criticism from the teacher in me which I hope you don't mind me making -Two spelling mistakes which you should correct before submission Question 6 - sheers should read shears. Question 10 the spelling of 'existing' is incorrect and I also think you should rework the final phrase in the question.

Good luck with your project.

• Done, good luck and agree very much with Daintiness.

• “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon
  • The biggest difficulty I find is climbing a ladder and  trying to balance with a very heavy petrol trimmer, saw one with an extra long cutting blade which would be great for my wide hedges but was way too heavy unfortunately. 

• “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon