London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
5 messages
18/02/2013 at 22:49
How excited I was this weekend was riddiculous ! I moved into my home 4 years ago and since them have been on a steep gardening learning curve....I made 2 compost bins 3 years ago and started putting green waste etc in it and this weekend we emptied it for the first time and oh my goodness what a treat......the most fantastic compost was in there and best of all it was totally free.....never thought I would feel so excited about something like this ) my veggie patch is now clear, new compost and manure added and all rotivated, now ready for some good spring weather planting......happy gardening everyone Yvonne
18/02/2013 at 23:06

Lovely stuff Yvonne. 

19/02/2013 at 08:41

3yrs later? Well done for being so patient!

19/02/2013 at 08:56

Welcome to the madhouse, Yvonne! There are many of us who get just as excited about the compost miracle

19/02/2013 at 09:27

Hi everyone, yes 3 years Wintersong.....be be totally honest it was only that long for 1 reason......when i built the first one I really built it as somewhere to put the green waste, not really thinking about the compost side of it, and me being me built it with 4 walls (no door !!!) it wasn't until my lovely elderly neighbour (who is very handy with wood) offered to help me alter it so that I could empty it......by the time i got round to emptying it this weekend it was full..... I now have 2 compost bins...WITH DOORS oh how the little things amuse me! lol

email image
5 messages