Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

How excited I was this weekend was riddiculous ! I moved into my home 4 years ago and since them have been on a steep gardening learning curve....I made 2 compost bins 3 years ago and started putting green waste etc in it and this weekend we emptied it for the first time and oh my goodness what a treat......the most fantastic compost was in there and best of all it was totally free.....never thought I would feel so excited about something like this ) my veggie patch is now clear, new compost and manure added and all rotivated, now ready for some good spring weather planting......happy gardening everyone Yvonne

Lovely stuff Yvonne. 

3yrs later? Well done for being so patient!

Welcome to the madhouse, Yvonne! There are many of us who get just as excited about the compost miracle

Hi everyone, yes 3 years be totally honest it was only that long for 1 reason......when i built the first one I really built it as somewhere to put the green waste, not really thinking about the compost side of it, and me being me built it with 4 walls (no door !!!) it wasn't until my lovely elderly neighbour (who is very handy with wood) offered to help me alter it so that I could empty the time i got round to emptying it this weekend it was full..... I now have 2 compost bins...WITH DOORS oh how the little things amuse me! lol