Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Gardening Cart

My partner and I are two high school students from Wisconsin. We were recently approached by an avid gardener about gardening carts. She is a senior citizen who wanted an easier to get around in the garden. Kneeling is painful, and it is hard for older people to keep getting up and down. The same goes for gardening carts or just sitting on a bucket. We are trying to innovate a new product that would solve this problem. If you could take the time to answer a couple questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any physical limitations/ disabilities when you garden? If so describe

Do you own/ use a garden cart? If no, what do you use?

Are there problems with this?

Was it affordable/ how much did it cost?

Would electrically motorizing this cart be beneficial?

Any other problems/ suggestions?

Thank you for your time

• waterbuttswaterbutts Posts: 1,270

I'm sorry but I don't have a clue what a gardening cart is. Nor can I even force my imagination to conjure one up, not even if I shut my eyes really tight for a long time.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

image I'm with you on this waterbutt. I shut my eyes and stepped outside the box...

Don't want to sound rude...but is a cart like someone sat in a wheel barrow perhaps being pushed around the garden...surely something horse drawn would be a tad bit OTT...can you post a picture as to what you mean...gardening carts clearly exist in Wisconsinimage

I think Wisconsin must be very very flat. Here in Derbyshire you wouldn't want to be in a wheelbarrow unless it had good brakes and low gears.

Maybe you are American and living in the mid west. You just never knew.

• how bizarre.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

How is it propelled other than by the happy owner doing an impersonation of a two year old on a tricycle?

If I ever got onto it (though I can't imagine why I would) the only way to get off again would be by falling sideways and crawling away.

What is it for?image

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

I suggest one of these

strap-on, one leg milking stool...

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

imageimage Lol

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

Have a look here

http://www.fredshed.co.uk/homepage.htm

Fred is disabled, he test's out gardening equipment and posts his experiences.

I have bought quite a few of Fred's recommendations and have been more than pleased with every purchase. I'm not disabled but always look at Fred's page if I'm thinking about a new tool for the garden.

Good luck!

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.