Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

good deal on cold frame???

Hi People

http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=191&pf_id=LS6554D

please have a look at the above link and tell me if you think this is a good price.

it is about the ideal size for my needs. Could you also tell me if you have bought from this site before and your experience?

thanks

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

Hi David,

I have used this site once this year, for the first time. I bought the small growhouse.

It arrived quickly, and was well packaged. I get lots of emails now showing their latest deals.

That coldframe price looks ok. image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

I think the price looks very reasonable. Did you see the reviews? They were happy with it.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I've bought from that site before - I bought some wooden compost bins - they arrived when they said they would and were well packaged etc.  I thought the quality and the price was reasonable compared with other suppliers.

I do get bombarded with marketing emails from them, but I could stop them if I chose to.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• David 25David 25 Posts: 82
    Hi Thanks for the replies I bought it last night. Can't wait for it to arrive image
  • Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Happy building and using image
  • Plant itPlant it Posts: 155

Yer couldnt buy materials for that price a good buy by the looks.

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    Might be worth giving the timbers a lick of plant- friendly wood preservative before it goes out. I'm sure you'll enjoy it ( the cold frame, not licking cuprinol)
  • I bought two of the medium ones last year from them, very easy to assemble and good quality. When i bought them they were £15 reduced from £39.99! Bargain image

• David 25David 25 Posts: 82
    I have plenty of paint left over from my fence I may just do that. Shame about the weather though. This winter just seems never ending