10 messages
23/11/2012 at 06:51
23/11/2012 at 10:48

Anita, Greenhouses come in all shapes sizes and prices could you let us know what you would need it for and a price or budget range please then we can answer.
Gardeners on this board have various types sizes also wood or aluminium, plastic or glass so you will get plenty of information once we know what you are thinking.

Frank.

23/11/2012 at 13:06

?

23/11/2012 at 22:27

It is a long time since I came on forum this is what I came to ask about. My old one is past its best I dont have a deffinite budget but hope for a 6x10 and have seen an offer  £8oo on 2 wests and Elliott but it is a bit too dear although the green frame appeals and maybe good quality, I wonder about poly against glass are there any for and againsts. Linda

24/11/2012 at 07:45
Hi, I'm looking at size 10'-8' I,d like to grow tomatoes & cucumbers & veg from seed to put into veg plot , also flowers, my garden is surrounded by farmland and quite exposed to the elements, I have three children also interested in gardening but also footballs!! I like the look of wooden greenhouses but need something to last.
24/11/2012 at 09:43

I had a greenpainted metal greenhouse from B and Q which was very good. Now I have a bespoke wooden greenhouse, which is also very good. They are / were both glazed with glass. However, Polycarb might be better glazing if you have children, for safetys sake. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll love it - I hide away in mine for hours

24/11/2012 at 17:10

I bought my greenhouse from Greenhouse People. They have different ranges from budget up. I have 6x8 Hercules, came complete with openers, louvres, guttering.

www.greenhousepeople.co.uk

25/11/2012 at 14:58

I also bought my greenhouse from the greenhouse people.   Found their service excellent.

I know I have said this elsewhere, but always consider the slightly more expensive safety glass for your greenhouse.    I accidentally threw a stone at mine, and it just bounced off.     Great stuff! 

25/11/2012 at 15:34

Going back to the original question-budget it as important point

How much do you want to spend?-

-is that more important than how pleasing it is to the eye?-

-wood might need more maintenance than aluminum-

-will you erect it yourself-or will you pay for it to be erected?

26/11/2012 at 10:27
Thank you for comments, after at trip out to Dunster house sheds, I've ended up deciding on wood with safety glass & added shed attached, which they assure me will be in time for Christmas ready for my husband to erect!! Let's hope for a mild Christmas, can't wait to get started!!
email image
10 messages