London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 19°C
4 messages
19/04/2013 at 02:27

Folks,

I have been considering getting a greenhouse for my allotment and have my eye on this LacewingGreenhouse - does anyone have any experience of these products? I was thinking of getting the base as well.

I would like polycarb due to it being on an allotment.

Any advice, options etc would be great.

Is it value for money?

Is it structurally sound / safe? How do polycarbs do in wind etc? Are they good / effective?

Thanks,

Derek

19/04/2013 at 22:26

That looks like a solid piece of kit but it is a bit small . Every one regrets not getting a bigger greenhouse. You could try your local paper/Gumtree/Freecycle to find a better, cheaper (even free!) greenhouse.

20/04/2013 at 07:08

Thanks steephill - I would ideally like like a bigger one, but as i'm on an allotment I can only have 25% of the area as 'structures' which includes, shed etc.

Will have a look on gumtree - I definitely woudl like a polycarb - have you had any experience with them?

20/04/2013 at 08:31

Hi WeeDeec i have a 10x6 polycarb greenhouse which i got last Sept and am more than happy with it. We have had very strong winds since i got it and no damage been done if you go to the thread Fork Handles my post on the 20/3 you will see a photo of it hope this helps you.

email image
4 messages