London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
10 messages
27/04/2012 at 11:50

Does anyone know the name of the greenhouse capillary watering system Adam is using in the 'What to do now' section of the May Gardeners World issue (page 79), please? it's just what I'm looking for.

15/05/2012 at 19:15

No its not the system that Adam is using.  His involves pots connected to a reservoir underneath and uses capillary matting to bring the water up from the reservoir. Can anyone help please?

27/05/2012 at 22:57
When I was a lad, still living at home, and just into gardening, I once managed to keep my tomatoes watered whilst on holiday for two weeks by using an old beer making barrel, and three pair of my mums tights. The tights had one leg in the water with other end wrapped around tomato plant. All my friendly neighbour had to do was come in and top up the barrel with water and tomato feed. Best tomatoes we had. My mum complained about her missing tights for weeks.
04/06/2012 at 09:54
Can't help there but you could try googling watermate. Garden centres often sell capillary matting whilst home lock do battery powered solution for attaching to a tap. Hozelock ac 7000.
04/06/2012 at 10:21

I know its not what you were looking for but we have just bought a Hozelock Pro automatic watering kit.  It has a timer on it and will do 20 containers.  The other good thing about it is that you can buy all the extras right down to little packs of drip nozzles and stakes.  Seems to be working really well so far. 

06/06/2012 at 12:49

Thank you for the suggestion.  We have now bought a hozelock system for the greenhouse, and are just getting used to how long/frequency to water.

06/06/2012 at 13:52

Glad you took me up on the idea.  We are using ours on automatic 4 times a day for 10 minutes each time.  Thats to do our gro-bags and all our cucumber plants in pots. 

06/06/2012 at 13:57

I'm using an Autopot system for the first time this year. I have 6 pots at the mo. I can't quite believe the plants are getting enough water but they are growing and not dying!!!

06/06/2012 at 18:40

I have a solar irrigation system.  It'ss connected to my largest water butt.  Worked well enough last year and hopefully will again this year

04/07/2012 at 22:21

hi iv got a system call the waterguardian its so easy to use i think there on line a got my from a show

email image
10 messages