Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

Please can anyone tell me where i can get some of the big corrugated cloches used in the veg garden. I cannot find them anywhere? Do we know a supplier or website please??

Is it me? I did see those, and Thank you for taking the time to answer, but the ones Monty uses seem much heavier and have no "vent" on the ends that i can see. I live in a very windy part of Wales so any "items" I use need to be weighty. I have to say the ones you pointed out look good but to flimsy for my garden. I have a feeling i will be trying to make them myself with roof sheet at this rate LOL

Yep Thats brilliant  I can do that!! Thank you Dovefromabove  I was almost there with the idea and thats the way forward i think  i will add wood to the long edges for weight. Thanks for the help and ideas everyone! 



Thanks Dove, that's given me an idea too.

Bought mine from B & Q ..10' sheets and shorter.  I made wire hoops to fit and bought plastic ends.   Nice and cheap and effective


Rather odd suggestion to drill holes in the sheets in the link.  Why?  Many years ago there was a diagram in a RHS manual of a former for making wire hoops to hold the sheets down.  No drilling, no fixing long lengths of wood to the sheets. 

I am using still using wire supports which came with plastic tunnels I obtained from Lakeland (then Lakeland Plastics) about 30 years ago. 

I just use an old roofing slate on the ends.

Sign up or log in to post a reply