London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 5°C
7 messages
16/11/2012 at 20:04

I wondered if anyone has used the Garden Gear Twin Wheeled Garden Vacuum/Shredder. I cannot use the usual type one due to back and leg problems so need something which does not have to be carried. Hoping someone can help, many thanks in advance  

16/11/2012 at 20:18

Hi Suzy I havent used it myself but their are eight customer reviews for that model on the amazon website, ranging from good to bad which should give you a good idea of the plus and minus points. Google search garden gear vac shredder and click on the amazon link.

I have a standard style garden vac and find it great when the leaves or debris are dry and crisp and very handy for getting into the nooks and crannies in the borders. I would imagine the wheeled type would be good on lawns and driveways but limited access wise elsewhere.

Hope that helps and regards Norm 

16/11/2012 at 22:22

Many thanks Norm, have looked on Amazon and like you I thought it would have limited use so wondered if anyone had used one 

16/11/2012 at 22:50

No problem suzy, I did consider one of these myself due to a damaged disc in my back which only allows me to use my standard one for short periods of time but in my opinion the drawbacks outweighed the usefulness. Hopefully someone may know of a lightweight  model that might suit you.

16/11/2012 at 23:29

Many thanks Norm, perhaps designers may think of us less able one day!!!!  

17/11/2012 at 12:26

Agree. 10 minutes with mine and I've had enough. Probably something I wouldn't bother with as a tool if I was starting again. I get on better raking it onto grass and mowing it. But my grass is just grass, not a LAWN and I like to be wildlife friendly  rather than neat.

13/07/2013 at 23:03

Have a look at the Billy Goat range, I have a MV650SPH which is excellent, but takes up a lot of space.  I use it regulary as I have a large area to look after and the council never come into my cul-de-sac to clear the leaves in autumn.  So I get the bonus of tons of leaf mould for the garden.  There is the little Billy which you can add a hose to or McCulloch also do a wheeled machine which is similar.  Check out Ebay/Gumtree as there are always on there and you can arrange a courier through Anyvan/Uship to deliver

email image
7 messages