Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Living Walls

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

You could grow lots of climbers such as clematis. If the ground is concrete or paved you can grow them in pots. You could also hang pots on the walls. Or what about this, see link

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/product.asp?id_pc=16&cat=14&id_product=343

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Chrissie, I have constructed vertical gardens using stock wire, scaffold net, and old polythene bags. Use treated wood to make a frame. Its cheap but makes alot of vertical garden for little expenditure.

• No more digging or double digging there is a beautifully illustrated book called "TINE" How to Garden Without Digging, available at soilisalive.com

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Don't really see how your 2nd reply about digging answers the original question here Andrew.  It just seems to be plugging your book yet again.

• If you're going for the hanging flower pouches option, be sure to mix water retension gel in the compost or they'll drain to quickly.  Another great trick with them is to use inverted tops from drinks bottles to help funnel the water into the compost, so when you water it doesnt just rub out the first hole.image

• What about a rainwater terrace- great product saves rainwater as well as providing space for vertical planting... perfect for dull back yards with little space.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104459467928580623172/104459467928580623172/posts

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Green gardener 12 is advertising. 3 posts all advertising same thing. Reported.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

I didn't mean to advertise, I found it on Google and thought it might answer the question that was asked, but I have no interest in the company. But I don't think the link I posted has anything to do with the link Greengardener12 posted. Perhaps he copied the name.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.