London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 4°C
8 messages
20/04/2014 at 20:13

When I moved into my current property there was already a shed in it which I planned the rest of the garden around.  Unfortunately the shed is well passed its prime and is no longer waterproof -  (no roof, 1/3 of a back, almost no floor and what is left is fairly rotten!).

I've been looking for a replacement shed the same size as the old one (3" x 4" with the door on the 4" side) but can't seem to find one.  Without re-planning the garden again the available ground space for a shed is also 3" x 4". 

Does anybody know of anywhere that makes/sells sheds that aren't a standard size?  Any help would be appreciated. 

I hope a shed can count as a "garden tool" as it definitely doesn't fit any of the other forum subjects!

Thank you

20/04/2014 at 20:39

Where in the UK / world are you?

http://www.bentleysgardenbuildings.co.uk Are a very nice company who might be able to help you.

20/04/2014 at 20:41

Thanks Clarington I'll check out the link above. 

My location is Swindon, Wiltshire.

20/04/2014 at 20:45

Fiona, I just googled 3ft x 4ft shed, and loads of ads came up. I'd look on the web, seems there's a good choice. 

21/04/2014 at 09:18

I think the problem is more where the door needs to be than the actual size.  Most have the door in the narrow part.

Google search "sheds Swindon" came up with a few in your area who say they make any size.  Try calling them.

10/06/2014 at 20:11

I wanted similar. My solution was to get a larger one advertised on my local Freecycle site and cut it down. I had to reflect the roof but it has been fine.

10/06/2014 at 21:12

When we were looking for an unusual-sized shed we got a quote from this place http://www.shedsdirectdevon.co.uk/ they were really helpful and their prices were reasonable (and we went in person as they are local, so saw some of the sheds built and they looked very good quality)

11/06/2014 at 08:40

Fiona - There outlets who just supply sheds and others who make and supply them.

I think you'll find those who make & supply, will make one to your own requirements....we have at least three in my home town who will do this.

email image
8 messages