London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
4 messages
30/05/2013 at 11:14

Does anyone have tips on neat storage of metal plant supports? The ones in the shape of a semicircle supported by two verticals. I have tried tying them by their tops with the verticals in a large plant pot but selecting them is worse than sorting paperclips - they just tangle. 

30/05/2013 at 12:32

I just leave mine in place all winter for when the plants they are supporting come up again.   I made mine from those thin rusty metal bars available from builders' suppliers and just leant them all against a wall till I needed them.   Not too tangled as their feet were free.

30/05/2013 at 17:53

I've got a couple of those large hooks intended for bikes, and find they hlod all the metal supports very well all winter, and I can get them out when I need them - that is high over the window in my shed - not high in that they are hard to reach, but over the window - if you can make sense of that, have a buscuit as a reward!!

01/06/2013 at 16:46

They are probably made of a rust-proof material so just put them in groups of, say six, and push their points in the soil or hang them on a nail in the shed.

Can't say I've ever found them a problem.

email image
4 messages