London (change)
Mon 20°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 16°C
3 messages
21/05/2013 at 19:08

Hello. I live in a forces married quarter and as we move round so much I can't have a glass greenhouse. I've been looking at the mini plastic ones but there are so many I'm a bit lost. I'm also disabled so can't bend which is a nuisance! Are they any good and where is the best place to get them from. Many thanks for any advice given

21/05/2013 at 21:45

I had one from Wilkinson's, I live in a fairly exposed area - the Fens in East Anglia, so had to lash it to the fence with rope to stop it blowing away. Since you can't bend, whatever g/house you get you will need some 'staging'; metal or wooden long table type things. Mine was good value, but a friend who has had hers for years says that you need to take them down in the winter or the weather/ sun/wind will eventually destroy the plastic. With some brands you can get replacement plastic. Hope that helps.

22/05/2013 at 13:45

Mine is also from Wilkinsons which I've had for years but can easily get replacement plastic covers for it.  I noticed this week that Wilkinson are selling one a little wider than the usual size so perhaps you could keep stuff on the lower shelves and sit on an old stool. Look on Wilkinsons web site under gardening equipment  Like 'artjak' I have also tied mine to the wall with string just in case.

email image
3 messages