London (change)
Thu 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
7 messages
14/07/2013 at 18:05

My strimmer starts fine but on fully pressing the 'lever' (can't think what it's called) it cuts out...thought it might be the air filter but it looks clean enough...any ideas?

14/07/2013 at 18:46

Nip it back to your supplier and they should sort it out in a jiffy. I had the same problem with a Mitox multi-tool, I think it's the carburetor - a quick adjustment and it should be fine.

15/07/2013 at 13:15

Thanks for that Stuart.

15/07/2013 at 13:57

Sounds like the carburetor to me too.  There is normally a screw you can adjust, but be careful just turn it 1/4  and remeber your starting point

05/08/2013 at 15:54

Finally got round to putting it in to the place I bought it from, which was just over a year ago, thinking it would just be an adjustment required and the guy phoned me this morning to tell me I need a new carburettor which will cost £40. Is this normal for such a new machine or am I being ripped off? I agreed to him putting a new one on but would be interested in your thoughts before I collect it tomorrow.

05/08/2013 at 22:50

Should't need a new carb after a year. It is usually only a diaphragm within the carb which goes and only costs a few quid. You can buy a complete overhaul kit for about a fiver. All you need is the make and model number of the carb which will be marked on it.

06/08/2013 at 20:16

Collected my strimmer today, charged £64 including labour. Paid my bill but let them know I was unconvinced it needed a new carburettor. Having only used it about 8 times, I am sure it didn't. However, this business has ensured that I will never spend a penny with them ever again.

email image
7 messages