Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 28 replies

My Partner loves Monty's straw hat but we've searched and can't seem to find one the same.  Anyone know where I can get one for him?

Susie

Mark56

Plenty being sold at Hampton Court 

Thanks for the suggestions, no luck so far on the suggested site and unable to get to Hampton Court. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be appreciated.

Susie

Where can I get some Peruvian willow twigs?

Advertisement

Doghouse Riley

Some impressive hats on here.

I've been into hats for quite some time.

But I only wear old golf caps in the garden, as they soon get dirty.

For "about town" I've a couple of "Frank Sinatra hats."

A cream Shantung fedora with the  classic colourful band and small feather, I keep it  in the car during the summer but only  for really hot days.

I've also a similar black leather one, which goes with my leather coat. This tends to be mostly worn when I'm attending funerals in the winter. As a member of a golf club with a lot of aging members, this happens far too often.

I bought them both on-line from Winner Caps in New York about fifteen years ago..

Last edited: 07 July 2017 21:51:38

nutcutlet

what's Peruvian Willow?

LG the L

Monty's hat looks French to me. No idea if that thought has any basis in reality!

Hostafan1
nutcutlet

Yesterday at 22:37

what's Peruvian Willow?

Willow from Peru?

Hostafan1

I have to confess when we saw it we both rolled with laughter and shouted 

" what the "flip" has he got on his head??"

Maybe he bought it at the Gulag bring and buy sale where his blue suit came from?

To each his own.

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Might be willow from Peru Hosta. Did a google and came up with an aquatic plant related to Oenotheras.

Dovefromabove

As someone whose family fortunes declined along with the Luton straw hat industry,  I say, 'Go Monty!!!' 

Hostafan1

I say, 'Go Monty!!!' 

He still looks an eejit. 

hogweed

I bought a straw hat in the spring. How about that for optimism. I live in Scotland. And no I haven't worn it yet!

Dovefromabove

Good on you Hogweed   My maternal grandmother (the gardening one) took strongly against the last Prince of Wales (the one that abdicated)... she blamed him for the decline in the fashion for gentlemen wearing hats and the subsequent demise of the family straw hat factory ... she would have approved of you and Monty