London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 12°C
5 messages
24/05/2014 at 12:32

Morning all,some time ago i was after advice on buying a mower,i settled on a Qualcast self propelled rotary petrol,£199 Homebase,,update is so far the mower is working perfect,mulcher also works perfect,easy start,easy to clean easyfor Laddies  to use,,so far cant fault it, i,ll update on the last cut or before with any probs,as i said before i looked at loads before buying so,so  far happy, Alan4711

24/05/2014 at 13:54

Great news Alan. Glad it worked out well.

25/05/2014 at 10:19

Alan, maybe you got a good 'un or maybe I got a bad 'un.  Either way I had the same model as you and gave up on it after 1 year.  Very poor cutting from the outset, the spring from the deck to the height adjuster snapped (that can happen to any mower), and it regularly scalped the lawn irrespective of the height setting.

You swear by 'em, I swear at 'em

27/05/2014 at 09:47

Hi KT53, not swearing by it yet ,its early days but i did say i would keep the site informed, Kates now mowing twice a week and says she finds it easier as one cut is quicker, lets see how it goes till fall, cheers KT ,it simply chucking it down ere in Norfolk and I mean buckets ,the trees are laughing

27/05/2014 at 16:59

I replaced mine with a Honda Izy.  It was more than twice the price of the Qualcast but from my experience so far cuts beautifully and is much quieter than the Qualcast.  One thing I didn't even notice when I bought it was that it has a rubberised 'skirt' at the back which stops the grass blowing out from underneath.  I no longer end up with green shoes when I mow the grass

email image
5 messages