London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 15°C
6 messages
30/06/2013 at 14:37

Good Afternoon

I like many watched with interest on one of last years GW programmes about gentleman who used nettle fertilizer for his tomatoes and with excellent results, and I see that Monty is trying the same this year.

I reaserched the method on the net and am now using it,And I am very impressed with the results. I am mixing as suggested at a 1-10 ratio and feeding tomatoes midweek with it, at the weekend I use a feed of Tomorite.

I am also feeding all my Brassicas with it and this is where I have noticed the greatest improvement as after a couple of days I can see a diference in the plants.

I can certainly recommend it and would be interested to hear if anybody else out there is having similar results

30/06/2013 at 15:31

Hi Colin, Nettle fertilizer is high in nitrogen, so will suit the brassicas well as they need lots of it.  Do keep using tomorite on the toms too though as the nettle stuff isn't so good in the phosphate department.  For that, comfrey feed is better.

30/06/2013 at 20:24

I agree with bob.

Nettle = Nitrogen= lots of green leafy growth.

Comfrey for stuff that flowers like beans, and tomatoes.

30/06/2013 at 20:55

I use nettle ,comfrey and sea weed.All free and work wonders.

29/08/2013 at 20:08

Got 6 cpmfrey plant plugs last year, by post, and they are a veritable forest now ! Great stuff, and will blend with nettles to make a good soup for the toms, courgettes, peppers.

29/08/2013 at 22:27

I have recently made comfrey fertilizer ..what a pong..I'm using it on my roses which were newly planted last winter trying to give them a helping hand. I still use tomato fertilizer on my dahlias, haven't yet got confidence on my own brand stuff as yet. 

email image
6 messages