6 messages
09/06/2014 at 18:11

Hi does anyone know if the oase pondovac 1400W pond vacuum is any good and worth the money? Is it powerful, has anyone had any problems with one? Advice appreciated, thanks.

09/06/2014 at 18:56
Gosh, I didn't even know you could get pond vacuums. Is it for a pool, I would have thought it would be difficult to use in a pond without hoovering up any wildlife?

But sorry can't give any advice based on experience........
09/06/2014 at 19:06

Sounds like death for the inhabitants

09/06/2014 at 19:23

I've only ever known pool vacuums for swimming pools ?  Can't see using it in a garden pond.

If talking about a pond, maybe some info on why you think it is necessary ?  Ponds can have all sorts of "problems" which can be solved by various means.  There will be plenty of advice here if you explain what you are concerned about

If for a swimming pool, depending on the size of the pool, just get a vac that suits you and it. 

09/06/2014 at 19:53
You can indeed get them - some fish like koi are very fussy and their ponds are kept clear of debris with vacuums like this. They're not as bad as they sound and normally collect the waste into a bag which you can leave by the pond for any bugs to get back in. Also they recirculate the pond water so you don't need to worry about contamination.

I've never used on Daniel, you might be better off asking a forum more targeted to fish keeping.
10/06/2014 at 17:00

I used to have one and it did an OK job just as long as you don't let the crud build up too much or you end up continually stopping to clean / empty the bag.  No longer have the pond so gave the pond vac away.

email image
6 messages