London (change)
Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
7 messages
26/06/2013 at 09:32

There is an advert on here that keeps coming up for pure rain sprinklers. It claims to increase growth by delivering more oxygen to the plant. Apart from the fact that plants use carbon dioxide to photosynthesise their food, and produce oxygen for us to breathe, I cannot see how this sprinkler is any different from any other sprinkler such as hozelock.

Any fine stream of water will pick up more dissolved oxygen in it.

Their is no oxygen cylinder attached to it. Maybe the manufacturers could enlighten us. There appears to be no info on how it does this on their web site.

27/06/2013 at 11:16

Bump

30/06/2013 at 22:08

Something about adding (or infusing) nano air bubbles to tap water via a chamber on the sprinker so that when the water meets the plants roots, there is more oxygen so the plant is able to take up nutrients more effectively. However, what I don't get is that to get to the root, the water has to percolate through soil, so does the water not lose the nano bubbles on the way down?

30/06/2013 at 22:13

Cynical con? Clearly not working. Rainwater has been keeping plants alive and thriving for millenia, without extra oxygen. Why would this be necessary now, even if this product was capable of delivering it which it clearly isn't. Snakeoil.

30/06/2013 at 22:19

Just Googled "pure rain reviews", and found this lot on QVC website...

http://www.qvcuk.com/Pure-Rain-Oxygen-Infusing-Plant-Watering-Handheld-Gun.product.503080.html?cookie=set#BVRRWidgetID

Lots of disgruntled customers.

30/06/2013 at 23:28

I'll stick to my cheapo sprinkler from Lidl

04/07/2013 at 20:59

They are 'trying' to increase the amount of oxygen at the root, if you look at hydroponic systems, the main reason the yield is much larger, is purely down to the increased air around the root mass. Whether dissolved oxygen in the water makes a difference is up for debate, if you want to spend the exorbitant on a hose attachment, best off putting it towards a hydroponic system and actually reaping the benefits.

email image
7 messages