London (change)
Today 15°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 7°C
21 to 23 of 23 messages
18/10/2013 at 14:29

how about some euphorbia in your full sun patch? there are lots to choose from (decisions, decisions), quite a range of colours and sizes. My particular faves are Silverswan (medium size, silvery foliage) and mellifera - this last one not particularly dazzling to look at but has the most wonderful scented flowers in early spring. Grows quite tall and multi-branched over time. It will tolerate light shade as long as it gets sun for a good part of the day.

18/10/2013 at 14:35

i have the same trouble.. new path going in and some nive big new borders to fill but i have taken cuttings etc throughout the last year or two ready for this anticipated event.. so loads of plants just small.. and hoep they pick up for next year.. cant wait to see how it all looks..

and i am sure i will have to move some!

18/10/2013 at 19:01

Diana, gold flame is a yellow shrub in early spring, for me at any rate, and then makes a orange mound.  I remove  would be flowers by clipping a couple of times during the season.  It makes a superb foliage shrub that grows almost anywhere.  It quickly forms a medium size shrub.   There are other yellow spireas too.  Try euphorbia Polychroma .....this is a fantastic looking plant throughout spring and early summer making a mound of sulphur yellow flowers and is so easy and reliable.  Get Anchusa Lodden royalist in alongside or behind for a (corny) brilliant yellow and blue association.  You will get some good comments..... I guarantee it

email image
21 to 23 of 23 messages