London (change)
Today 8°C / 1°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
7 messages
25/05/2013 at 17:29

Monty uses black plastic mesh crates for transporting pots with seedlings / cuttings around the garden - any ideas on where to buy these crates from ? done a number of searches online and can't find anywhere that sells them.

25/05/2013 at 17:32

We used to buy them From Gordon Rigg's near Todmorden, but never seen them on sale anywhere else.

25/05/2013 at 17:48

We often get them when we get take away curries. I do seem to have rather a lot!

25/05/2013 at 20:14

We use them at work- think they're bread baskets but nurseries use them so perhaps if you have a friendly nursery near you they might sell you one or two. Failing that - try your nearest bakery!!

Punkdoc- what size of curry do you get... 

25/05/2013 at 20:37

Well I do seem to be putting on a bit of weight!

25/05/2013 at 20:37

...I'm not sure what Monty uses, but perhaps these are what you are looking for.... I'm posting this link, not sure if it's allowed but we must take these risks...

at Asda... they fold flat too, and I think they're very useful also for doing your shopping instead of using plastic bags...

look at the 'fold flat crate'... 2 for £5...

25/05/2013 at 21:40

I use those fold flat crates for all my equipment when I'm working; they are pretty strong. It's a good idea to have 1 or 2 in the car in the spring for when you are out buying plants. Round the garden I tend to use seed trays (ones without holes - then you don't get dripped on)

email image
7 messages