Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Reduced Shredder from Tesco

I have just tried to assemble the reduced from £67 to £34 shredder from Tesco. I suspected from the amount of sellotape on the box that it had been returned by another customer. The first 'leg/support' went on fine, the second had a crossed thread so the screw would not go in. I refuse to re-package the whole thing, I will just take it back to them in bagsimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

image rubbish

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Yupimage

• Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 380

You really do get what you pay for, image

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Sometimes you can pick up a bargin and it sounds like yours would have been but for the crossed thread. You take your chances, but nothing lost apart from a trip back to the shop for a refund although annoying when the item wasn't fit for purpose. 

I have just been on the phone to Tesco and was pleasantly surprised at the response. I was given 2 options, swop the machine (but they have none in stock) so would have to wait possibly months to get a new one, meanwhile machine is blocking the porch. It is too heavy for me to carry to the studio which is where it is supposed to live. The other option is to get a refund.

With both options, I do not have to return with it to the store; they collect and deliver.image

I guess because of the recent downturn in their popularity they are trying a bit harder. Sadly the staff in their stores still seem to regard the customer as a lower life form.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

When I worked our office was a short way from a very large 2 hour Tesco - I did lots of shopping there - don't think I've been since I retired - do you think they'll blame me for their slump in profits? imageimage

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    Considering they were only open for 2 hours by your reckoning Dove? I think they'll have more to blame than just youimage
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Oh bu***r - that 4 key needs a jolly good slapping image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

So I have to be here from 7a.m. to 7p.m. for them to collect. Have been out with Nut for most of the day, at a BBQ this pm so will repack the thing at 6.30 am 2morrowimage

Have just dine so Mikeimage