Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Sheds

Ok, the old Woodshed collpased under the snow, so we need a new one. Any opinions as to the best? Tongue and groove? Overlap? Feather edge? None of those words mean much to me.

TIA

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..does it have to be wood? Are you interested in metal sheds at all?   I have one of those, they're not cheap, but I don't have to worry about maintenance.   It's huge, I keep all my wheelie bins in it, not mention it's use as a 'great escape' should the need arise...

no windows though, I don't think you can have these in metal sheds... but if I cannot see out, then no one else can see in...image

...oh, of course I have the door open - for air...

• Price has to be the driving factor. For my dream shed, I would want tongue and groove, made of cedar, and lots of windows - one of those potting shed types. Not cheap though. Must do lottery tonight......

Also very dependent upon what you use it for. If only for storage, go basic. If you might want to spend time in it, go for windows, I think you can never have too many windows.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

Security wise, no windows is best for us.

Ordered a heavy duty 12 foot by 8 Tongue and groove windowless one from Tiger Sheds, See what it is like when if it arrives. They have good independent reviews so hopefully it will be ok.

Still intend insulating the inside though.