Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

tool-of-the-day

Just bought myself a kneeling pad.  £1.99 from GC - £9.99 in Homebase!!!  Couldn't quite bring myself to get the one with support bars on the side.  I'll give it a year.

Isn't it funny how age makes you think "Hmmm, comfy", rather than, "Wouldn't be seen dead in that!".  Must be getting old, although I only feel old when I am holding the hand of my better 'alf! image.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

support bars on the side- very useful for getting back up again instead of crawling round on all fours.

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

FB, how true, how true!image

• BenDoverBenDover Posts: 488

Hmmm, the more I think of it....sounds like a wise choice! image

Any recommendations? 

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

I call Hubby to haul me up again!image

• XX Posts: 707

My OH, keeps threatening to buy me one of the 'handles on the sides' type, I threaten to wrap it around his neck!!!  image  I do use a padded kneeler though - saves my knees a bit.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

image a kneeling pad certainly saves getting your knee's dirty and I like the look of the one's with supports, could you get one that looks and acts as a seat when turned the other way, no one would know what it was for then...just thinking ahead for when I'm 27 image.   

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

That's the sort. Only the other way up, it splayed under t he weightimage

• yvesyves Posts: 6

can anyone explain which tool I need to put a hole in the water butt to have a connecting hose to another one,strange they dont provede a screw in facility,its not always the men that have to tackle this stuff and instructions would be good!

• waterbuttswaterbutts Posts: 1,270

Yes, you will need an electric drill and the special hole cutter attachemnts. They look like cookie cutters and come in a multi pack of different sizes.