Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Waterproof Garden Shoes

Going to be careful of the spell check on this thread image

I had some wellies that split and so were useless as wellies. I hate wasting things so cut the tops off down to ankle height. I now have a pair of waterproof garden shoes I can slip on easily for going out to the bird table over the winter months. image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Well done for spelling Gemma, image

I find my old wellies always split across the toes where I bend down in them. I bought some ankle boot wellies years ago and they show no signs of wear, I agree that you do need just something to slip on to feed the birds in though, crocs just dont do it this time of the year.

Its a good feeling when you can make use of something rather than just throw them away.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,286

I just used them for the first time Lyn, I'm really chuffed with them. Easy to get on and off at the back doorstep, just the thing I've needed for ages. image

• Good idea! My favourite garden shoes are just like wellies that have been cut down, so cutting down old wellies should work well. 

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,068

Or you could do this with your old wellies

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

image Brilliant!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

I loved that, but somehow I doubt the present Pope could get a new pair of shoes for the equivalent of 200 lire!!

He could if he cut up his old wellies to make a new pair of garden shoes, they would be free! image

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Indeed - and I guess he could have white or red wellies according to his taste - good idea!

Yep Edd, just like mine image I like the planting idea too.

Can anyone think of uses for the tops that were cut-off? They look to me that they should have some use, just can't think of one yet.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Upper arm protectors image