London (change)
3 messages
29/08/2013 at 10:59

I'm currently in the process of packing out my shed, and need to get some good pruners/secateurs. A lot of websites describe the blades on their tools as 'Japanese SK3' or some spin on that phrase. I want to know what this means, but a blind search on the google has proved fruitless.

Does it stand for anything? Does it reference the forging process? Is it a make or brand? I want to find out, with all my heart.

29/08/2013 at 13:02

SK3 is an indication of the hardness of the steel. I think they are just showing off.

29/08/2013 at 14:49
Carbon tool steel Japanese your correct again butts
email image
3 messages