3 messages
26/06/2013 at 12:45


I have put in some of the wedge-shaped vine eyes into a wall in order to support an espalier. Can someone tell me which wire tensioners are suitable to use please? There seems to be an array of them and I'm not sure which one to use.

Thanks in advance

26/06/2013 at 19:37

"Turnbuckle" is the technical term - screwfix do a range of zinc plated ones from under a pound each.  Choose one that has loops/hooks which are bit thicker than your wire, so a 5mm one with 2mm wire for example, otherwise the hooks may bend when you tighten them.  Stainless steel ones will last a lifetime (likely longer than the wire itself) but cost a fair bit more.

27/06/2013 at 13:29

Brilliant Bob. Will get some thanks

email image
3 messages