Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

xhose?????

Has anyone used the new xhose and what do you think of it? I Need a new hose and wondered if all the hype about this one is true. I like the idea that it crinkles back so small as i dont like to leave the hose out as im a great one for tripping over things

• addictaddict Posts: 659

Not tried it yet but check out the reviews on here. Seems water pressure can be an issue...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00B71AY70

If you do get one let me know as it would be soooo useful for some of my more mature customers image

• If you do decide to go for one, be careful where you buy it from.  The price on Ideal World (the one that has a TV channel as well as the website) is a LOT higher than Amazon/Ebay.  I'd love to get one, but got lots of other things I need more than the hose - especially when I move and get a garden that's 90ft long!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Be careful of Ideal World. tv shopping. They auto enrol you in a club, and if you don't decline this within 30 days they send you a worthless book of vouchers for which they then debit your card £50.  Not as cheap as you thought.

• Have got my xhose and once i worked out how to fix it to the tap ( well the husband did) was having one of those days, its really good. So much easier than the old one and it doesnt kink at all.

• Was a bit wary but ordered from Amazon as I already had a new hozelock spray gun.  Latter fitted on xhose like they said.  Used once, so far, last week before the rain came and it was brilliant.  100', not cheap, but reached bottom of garden without hassle of joining old hoses together.  Managed despite hobbling around on walking stick so ideal for your mature customers.  When releasing pressure to empty hose, do so on garden, not down the drain, as it contains quite a lot of valuable water.  Looks like it will be a good investment.

• addictaddict Posts: 659

Thanks Maud and Hazel will tell my ladies about it. Would make life so much easier for them image

• Glad to know im a mature gardener ha ha. Im just not that mobile. Thankyou

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

Recently read a review of the Xhose in Gardening Which.  They had a problem with cross threading the tap connector.  Once damaged it can't be repaired so be careful.

I'd rather stick to a conventional hose which although bulkier, can be repaired if damaged.

• KJSKJS Posts: 2
    Absolutely brilliant. Does what it says on the can!