Forum home Wildlife gardening
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Batty

Just got over excited while gazing thru patio doors, a bat was flitting about, we haven't seen one for a few years. We're  so pleased.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I love bats, love to watch them hunting. If you leave the lights on and the curtains open it attracts insects and the bats come in close to catch them

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Now the weather is getting a bit warmer hopefully we'll be seeing the bats from our local chalk mines flitting around our garden before heading off to the marshes to hoover up mosquitoes image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Ours are awake. I haven't heard any activity in the roof yet though.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Don't they make the most awful mess in the loft, I feel I need a shower when I come down from there. Very sweet, especially the thumbnail sized babies but.....

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,546

As far as I could tell we've only ever had two. Didn't see them last year though, so not optimistic for this oneimage Do enjoy watching them making circuits over their favourite spots and making inroads into the accursed midges!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WeaveyDaveyWeaveyDavey Posts: 575

Me too!! (see my avatar).

• Bonsai-MarcBonsai-Marc Posts: 444

aswell as my hedgehogs i did notice bats last year and think they are back again

very hard for me to see but can sometimes see from sofa circling my garden catching the flying insects