Forum home Wildlife gardening
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

"Bug. Hotel"

Taking advantage of the sunshine yesterday my son and I built a "bug hotel " ( well he did most of the work bring bandied with a saw than me ) it cost absolutely nothing just rooting around for odd bits and pieces and an old kitchen stand no longer wanted

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Let's have a photo image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Jack 3Jack 3 Posts: 360

That's great herbgarden2, I would also like to see a photo. This is my next poject, I have a step size piece of wood that I'm going to drill all different size holes in an place put it on a post near my log pile.

• My bug hotel

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 395

That's also on my long lists of jobs to do! 

Wow Tracey, that's fab! Did it cost you anything? 

• Not a penny Ryan ! Just had a  few pallets given me and the rest of the stuff was just collected from around the garden and wood. A broken terracotta pot, twigs, lemonade bottles with bottoms cut out and filled with old bamboo canes , and corrugated cardboard, broken slates ( my dad is a builder ! ) moss, dried bracken , pine cones etc.................

I'm really impressed with that Tracey! I've wanted one for ages and put bits by, then forget about them and chuck them out! It looks very new, is it? And have you had any visitors yet? 

• I put it there about 6 months ago, some of the things I have put there has been disturbed by something so I am assuming that a few critters have found a home !

how lovely! I've never had the pleasure of seeing wildlife in my garden, apart from frogs, a few bees, plenty of wasps and one little hedgehog Two years ago! 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

that's 5 star accommodation Traceyimage

In the sticks near Peterborough