London (change)
Today 14°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
21 to 27 of 27 messages
11/02/2014 at 18:49

It's just a fat ball feeder lily. Probably got it in the GC or B&Q. It has a lid, which makes it look a bit like an acorn, but it wouldn't fit inside with that on. 

12/02/2014 at 13:10

We have the same trouble with the magpies. They're daring, brave and don't give a hoot about anything else, if they want food they come and take it and will eat anything that's there. I find it quite comical. OH gets very annoyed and stands up inside the house at the window and waves his arms around in a very menacing (or should I say funny!) manner to scare them away. It works, temporarily so bless him he gets up and does it all over again. Has me in stitches. I don't know how many times I've told him if you encourage birds into the garden you can't control what flies in. You can't corden off the garden from the larger birds. In all seriousness though he has a point, they're so brazen! They eat seeds, suet pellets (currently cranberry flavoured), peanuts my OH's home made concoctions (containing fats, oats, biscuits, cereal, corn, gravy, you name it), we haven't found anything they wont eat yet, and it doesn't matter what we put where, if its there long enough they'll figure out a way to sneak in and grab it. Gotta love em!

12/02/2014 at 13:29

you cant choose who comes to the bird table ,if you love birds  you love them all. They have their role to play and just  as people eat eggs without thinking or eat cows e.t.c. Its not what you like or choose ,wildlife is what is, what we were before shops.

12/02/2014 at 22:06

Thanks fairy will have a look, think its a great idea. Have a couple of the  hanging baskets in the garage already.

12/02/2014 at 22:20
I know we can't choose who comes into the garden, but I was just wanting to encourage more smaller birds that keep getting scared off by the bigger birds, that's all.
12/02/2014 at 22:24

Yep me too Tracey 

12/02/2014 at 22:45
Lily
email image
21 to 27 of 27 messages